Badge next to our champion picture?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryptikha

10-08-2012

So after playing a match in Dominion, I went to view my match history and I saw that inside the picture of the champ I played there was a little badge with a 3, like this.
I'm just wondering what it means; is it there to show how you ranked overall in the game, or is there another purpose for it?

jakeoti

10-08-2012

It's your "rank" in the game. Dominion has a scoring system, giving you points for things like capturing points, dying on point, interrupting captures, getting kills, etc. There's not too big a point to it, especially because it can be skewed (whoever goes bot usually ends up last, due to not seeing as much action overall). I've heard that it may determine how long you stay dead or something, but I've never seen it confirmed.

Yohnski

10-08-2012

Wishsong214 was correct, it was your rank in the game. If you look at the scoreboard during the game you'll notice a point value in everyone's rows. At the end of the game there will be a gold 1, silver 2, or bronze 3 if you were 1st, 2nd, or 3rd on your team. It has no real use besides being pretty. The ranks aren't really accurate to how you were doing (bot is almost always last for instance, even if they won you the game), but they can be a good indicator.

There is nothing else to it, it doesn't affect anything in game, it doesn't determine respawn times, it doesn't affect gold or IP gains, it's just there to be shiny.

Phourc

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohnski View Post
(bot is almost always last for instance, even if they won you the game)
It depends on how hard you won the game xP

NavyGothic

10-08-2012

It's there to make the people who placed 4th and 5th feel bad. I am confident this is the case from extensive personal experience.

Phourc

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
It's there to make the people who placed 4th and 5th feel bad. I am confident this is the case from extensive personal experience.

There is nothing worse than being 1-2 all game (Yes I look, even though I know it doesn't really mean anything - it's right there when you're checking people's item purchases), then ending the game at #4, with NO SHINY BADGES AT ALL.

Well, losing the game is worse. But, you can lose and still get your #1 loser badge!

Kiddalee

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
There is nothing worse than being 1-2 all game (Yes I look, even though I know it doesn't really mean anything - it's right there when you're checking people's item purchases), then ending the game at #4, with NO SHINY BADGES AT ALL.

Well, losing the game is worse. But, you can lose and still get your #1 loser badge!
Naw, it just means I played an early game champ and got early kills, then started wandering and ganking and gained points less frequently for doing more work. It actually makes me happy.

ElevenOfClubs

10-09-2012

Two hilarious personal score stories:

1)
I got to play with RiotNome when he showed up in DominateDominion chat and went top hard-tank Yorric (because I knew I was playing out of my elo, so didn't have confidence to play bot) and ended up getting like my 3rd rank 1 ever.

I wasn't the best biggest contributor to our win (although I did play unusually well for me), but it cracked me up that the low ELO tanky shlub got rank 1.

2)
Rank 1 pre-remake Garen. Twice. First time, I just got hella fed (cap mid, walk top triplekill, solo cap top, keep killing people). Second time I was rank 1 BOT pre-remake Garen. See, they sent anivia bot, and that's just not a fair matchup. I averaged a kill a minute.

Y'know thinking back I was against a pre-remake Katarina in each of those games for extra lore lols.

Tempestphile

10-09-2012

well, not to disappoint you, but ignore the point system because its not telling you much useful about Dominion

HaIfhearted

10-09-2012

Yeah, like Tempestphile said, the point system is useless.

It is usually extremely inaccurate, and often very poor players end up with extremely high scores, due to poorly though-out bonuses *cough martyr+40 cough*

Just ignore the score system in its entirety. I've been pushing for it to be removed for awhile.