@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

10-08-2012

My biggest grip is that Riot thinks that they can make female skins "****ty" without actually putting work into them (im looking at you battle bunny Riven, so lame). A good example of a quality female skin is Foxfire ahri, very nice outfit with special particle and spell effects.

If you don't believe me why don't you ask Riot why they don't have a single female legendary skin in the store and the fact that i think only two female legendary skins have ever been made.

Whiteglint3

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
My biggest grip is that Riot thinks that they can make female skins "****ty" without actually putting work into them (im looking at you battle bunny Riven, so lame). A good example of a quality female skin is Foxfire ahri, very nice outfit with special particle and spell effects.

If you don't believe me why don't you ask Riot why they don't have a single female legendary skin in the store and the fact that i think only two female legendary skins have ever been made.
truly a conspiracy against women.

Durnensa

10-08-2012

You forgot Gragas.
He has the biggest boob in the game yet he's not wearing any tops.

Stark Midnight

10-08-2012

Not a conspiracy just lazy ass design imo. Monster and male champion skins usually have very cool effects or push the champion in a different concept/theme then they were originally intended. Female skins are usually just a recolor or a new outfit without anything else.

MathMage

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
there's nothing to argue, almost everything the OP brought up was subjective opinion.

unless you think you can spank opinions into submission.
It's not 'opinion' that Fiora's pose is utterly retarded from a fencing perspective, and has no purpose other than to show off her (to use a tired phrase) feminine curves.

It's not 'opinion' that MF's waist barely has room for a spine, let alone intestines.

Hell, it's not 'opinion' that Leona's iron dress and metal bra would be utterly useless for any activity other than posing for a camera. And where female champions are concerned, Leona is relatively good. (THAT was an opinion.)

Shall we go on, or are you willing to concede that there's a lot of objective information to analyze here? And, having conceded that, are you willing to concede that a lot of skins, male and female, could be improved in these respects without losing the positive aspects of those artistic designs? (Hint: consider Classic Ashe as a 'fix' to Freljord Ashe. It IS objectively possible to implement these fixes in a way that makes the skin strictly better than it was.)

If so, then what the **** are we still talking about?

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
It's not 'opinion' that Fiora's pose is utterly retarded from a fencing perspective.

It's not 'opinion' that MF's waist barely has room for a spine, let alone intestines.

Hell, it's not 'opinion' that Leona's iron dress and metal bra would be utterly useless for any activity other than posing for a camera. And where female champions are concerned, Leona is relatively good. (THAT was an opinion.)

Shall we go on, or are you willing to concede that there's a lot of objective information to analyze here? And, having conceded that, are you willing to concede that a lot of skins, male and female, could be improved in these respects without losing the positive aspects of those artistic designs? (Hint: consider Classic Ashe as a 'fix' to Freljord Ashe. It IS objectively possible to implement these fixes in a way that makes the skin strictly better than it was.)

he's just being buttmad

Whiteglint3

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
Not a conspiracy just lazy ass design imo. Monster and male champion skins usually have very cool effects or push the champion in a different concept/theme then they were originally intended. Female skins are usually just a recolor or a new outfit without anything else.
pretty subjective opinion, but to be true, MOST of the old skins for the old champions were recolors, practically all of them where, to not be a recolor ment they were legendary (or a Pax skin).

nowadays its entirely subjective if you think they aren't unique.

what about Flashfire Zyra, Iron and Darkflame Shyvana? Reverse annie? Imperial Syndra? Sona's Skins, Akali's Skins (wether you find them sexist or not, they are unique) Vayne's Skins.

most of the new skins are PHENOMENAL compared to skins from before Season 2, I think your just twisting this lie into furthering the feel of this thread.

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
let's dig in shall we.

>fact is, men like boobs, they make idiots of themselves, would buy 'oktoberfest-sona' just cause of her look and never play it

oh really? you're telling me what I like? and that we'd buy this skin (which doesn't exist) cause of her looks?

>Men let companies like riot pull their money out of their *****es, cause thats what they think with.

another good set, thanks for that, if only we could get away with such generalizations of women without any batting an eye, we'd all be truly equal then eh? (EH?)
you really love splitting hairs instead of having a discussion where you try to see the others point instead of just wanting to win.
such a typically male trait (if you dont recognize this as sarcsam...)

isnt it obvious its not all men (there are no absolutes), is it really necessary to write two pages to make it so exactly clear what I mean so you dont find anything to go all "let's dig in shall we", like someone who tries to win the internet.

if you dont see riots reasons to design champions and skins like they do, then read my first post again, I stated it very bluntly.
but to admit it, Id like to ignore that female players might buy stuff just for the same reasons...

Whiteglint3

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
It's not 'opinion' that Fiora's pose is utterly retarded from a fencing perspective.

almost all the armor in this game would be useless in combat save Diana (and only just so, some of the little moon bits would get in the way) and Kayle.

yes, every single male's armor as well, now some of them would be comfortable and would help with movement, but most of them are incredibly impractical, Shen's being an exception (if that is mail and not just leather).

no one could wear shoulders like Jarvan or Garen, or a suit like Morde's (though his is close)

so really the only champion with fully functional armor is Kayle, and even then the shoulders are too big.

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
almost all the armor in this game would be useless in combat save Diana (and only just so, some of the little moon bits would get in the way) and Kayle.

yes, every single male's armor as well, now some of them would be comfortable and would help with movement, but most of them are incredibly impractical, Shen's being an exception (if that is mail and not just leather).

no one could wear shoulders like Jarvan or Garen, or a suit like Morde's (though his is close)

so really the only champion with fully functional armor is Kayle, and even then the shoulders are too big.
We've come a long way