@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
You did many many times. The best one being:
How about alternatives ? That's how society and everything else evolves.

X is Y so stop asking for Z is defending the status quo.

EDIT: wrong quote
hmm, nope I gave no alternatives, because I had none that were eloquent enough to give, I merely reject the ones given so far for I find them to hamper artistic freedom.

I merely think suggesting that they tone it down in the future, but no demands, because its a slippery slope.

I don't think I have to point out how many people died in the past in the name of artistic freedom, I refuse to dishonor those people now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
I never argued that new champions should be made the same way, I never argued for the status Quo.

and it is oppression to try and control art, of any type, its a freedom you'll just have to deal with.
From the first post you made in the thread, your argument has been that we have no business having opinions on this subjective topic; that every example presented is just of fictional polygon women, which apparently makes sexism impossible; and that the OP and other advocates for change in Riot's attitude towards female champion art design are radical feminists who see patriarchy in everything and won't be satisfied until they nitpick every facet of society.

Oh, and you advocated for women to be drafted just like men, so apparently all this noise about hating the idea of women in the infantry is just noise.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post29995705

You can pretend to stand for freedom if it makes you feel better, but it won't change the facts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenvas View Post
I've given up on LoL to get a non-sexualized female champion, I've given up to hope i could play a she-beast at some point, I've given up to think the comunity would get this problem some day.

fact is, men like boobs, they make idiots of themselves, would buy 'oktoberfest-sona' just cause of her look and never play it. Men let companies like riot pull their money out of their *****es, cause thats what they think with.
Im anyway not playing LoL anymore, it gets no new maps or game modes, no new items, just new champions for people to buy, that gets boring, and the comunity is one of the worst I've ever experianced. But its the internet so its OK to be the worst human scum you can possibly be.

Im playing Guild Wars 2 now, with my bf and lots of friends. Its a real smart game, with the developers having more interesst in the players than just their money.
Charr have not the usual gender differences, just minor things a human could easily miss to notice, same goes for asura. Sylvari have more human gender differences, but you wont find any muscle bound dudes, or girls who are half boobs. humans are actually build like humans, and come in different shapes. but you got also the norn, huge and muscular, but sure if the males are almost as wide as tall, the females wont be stick-figures either.

that is diversity

oh and the comunity is great, people are actually NICE ON THE INTERNET
count the sexist comments against men, i'm up to 6!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
From the first post you made in the thread, your argument has been that we have no business having opinions on this subjective topic; that every example presented is just of fictional polygon women, which apparently makes sexism impossible; and that the OP and other advocates for change in Riot's attitude towards female champion art design are radical feminists who see patriarchy in everything and won't be satisfied until they nitpick every facet of society.

Oh, and you advocated for women to be drafted just like men, so apparently all this noise about hating the idea of women in the infantry is just noise.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post29995705

You can pretend to stand for freedom if it makes you feel better, but it won't change the facts.
you really are grasping now eh?

I want women to be drafted, this does not mean I want women to be drafted to the infantry, there are HUNDREDS of positions (many even combat ones) in the military.

blurring my statments doesn't retroactively change what I mean.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
hmm, nope I gave no alternatives, because I had none that were eloquent enough to give, I merely reject the ones given so far for I find them to hamper artistic freedom.

I merely think suggesting that they tone it down in the future, but no demands, because its a slippery slope.
What the... did you read the OP ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
If Riot seriously wants to attract more girls to their games, then I suggest they listen to what the few girls who do play League of Legends have to say.
There's even a "I hope" somewhere in there. It's not a demand.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clappersucks

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrona View Post
A lot more women are playing video games than there used to be. LoL is a very popular game and so it makes sense that LoL would have a larger female population than most other games because it is so popular. Your argument is more relevant to the size of LoL, not to female gamers in particular or their interests are far as games go. What would be a more relevant statistic is the percentage of the population, and good luck coming up with that number for any game.

My argument is that more women would play this game if it were not for the lack of diversity, which you did not address at all. So, I have to agree with you, but I cannot say that your argument directly responds to mine or even contradicts it. It's more like an additional comment.
No, I was simply commenting that I believe that the reason for the low amount of female players is separate from the lack of champion diversity. The fact that this game has more players then other games and also more female players just shows that it probably has around the same girl/guy ratio of any other game out there, and the existence of some "girl gamer turn off" being present in this game is unlikely. If anything, I would argue this game is more appealing to girls then basically any other competitive video game out there,


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
you really are grasping now eh?

I want women to be drafted, this does not mean I want women to be drafted to the infantry, there are HUNDREDS of positions (many even combat ones) in the military.

blurring my statments doesn't retroactively change what I mean.
I take it you're conceding all the relevant points, then?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
What the... did you read the OP ?
There's even a "I hope" somewhere in there. It's not a demand.
and that ended with the first post, after that it was fully in demands.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
I take it you're conceding all the relevant points, then?
You know, i've always admired you for your ability to utterly crush people


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
count the sexist comments against men, i'm up to 6!
its not sexist, not all men are like that. women shouldnt be sexualized and men shouldnt be manipulated by that. but some women fight against being sexualized, while some men demand to be manipulated that way...