@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
**** you and your don't ask don't tell ways.
what does some weird military gay rule have to do with what I said, child?

and it was intended to sound condescending, for that's the way I talk to children who insult things more important than they could ever be and who cannot understand why some things are.

Sydelle

10-08-2012

why is this thread still going on

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
what does some weird military gay rule have to do with what I said, child?

and it was intended to sound condescending, for that's the way I talk to children who insult things more important than they could ever be and who cannot understand why some things are.
Everything

Don't ask don't tell was implemented under the excuse that having gays in the military could somehow limit military effectiveness. Its no different. Not a single bit.

TM Dazzling

10-08-2012

From my own observations, when my female friends play LoL, their most major complaints are about the way the community behaves, not how champion concepts are being treated. I've never heard them complain about "sexualized" champions like Miss Fortune or Caitlyn. Hell, one of my female friends loves playing her. What they DO complain about is the **** that goes down in chat when anybody figures out/suspects that she is a girl. I remember once, in a normal game, someone in our group accidentally let slip a "she" in all chat. Immediately, everyone on the other team started harassing her. Every time her lane was ganked for, the other team would say things like "Hey <<jungler name>>, does she give good head or what?" It was an awful experience for her, and because of things like this, she avoids revealing her gender in games at all costs. This is the stuff that needs to be fixed if you want the game to be more welcoming to girls, not how sexualized or not the champions are.

Karolina

10-08-2012

Quote:
I never argued for the status Quo.
You did many many times. The best one being:
Quote:
making these changes would be just as sexist as making more retardedly over sexualized champions.
How about alternatives ? That's how society and everything else evolves.

X is Y so stop asking for Z is defending the status quo.

EDIT: wrong quote

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
You did many many times. The best one being:
How about alternatives ? That's how society and everything elseevolves.

X is Y so stop asking for Z is defending the status quo.
dunked.

Whiteglint3

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Everything

Don't ask don't tell was implemented under the excuse that having gays in the military could somehow limit military effectiveness. Its no different. Not a single bit.
its entirely diffrent, it was put in due to political reasons at best.

gay men did nothing for or against combat effectiveness, women did, (and have many times).

"don't ask dont tell" was a retarded politically motivated sad excuse to both accept and at the same time, silence gay men in the military.

but.. at the same time, your sexual orientation does not matter in the military, nor should it, you are serving your country and everything "personal" about you is over "YOU" don't matter in the military.

not that I condone gay-shaming, but the point stands, who and what gender you have *** with in the military is irrelevant, you have a duty to do beyond it.

women can do nearly everything, the only exception is Infantry, for the specific reason given, and not because women are "bad" soliders, they just lower everyones combat effectiveness by being present.

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
its entirely diffrent, it was put in due to political reasons at best.

gay men did nothing for or against combat effectiveness, women did, (and have many times).

"don't ask dont tell" was a retarded politically motivated sad excuse to both accept and at the same time, silence gay men in the military.

but.. at the same time, your sexual orientation does not matter in the military, nor should it, you are serving your country and everything "personal" about you is over "YOU" don't matter in the military.

not that I condone gay-shaming, but the point stands, who and what gender you have *** with in the military is irrelevant, you have a duty to do beyond it.

women can do nearly everything, the only exception is Infantry, for the specific reason given, and not because women are "bad" soliders, they just lower everyones combat effectiveness by being present.
Sure they do.

ScottyRawr

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairness View Post
I also think Dianna Agron is a really good example of someone who is stunning, yet not ****ty at all.
Look at her, she's so elegant, graceful and classy (and independent). Female champions don't need to be ugly, androgynous, too old, too young or scared/shy to not be overly-sexualised, they just need to not be overly-sexualised if that makes sense. I'm definitely not saying that we shouldn't have those kinds of champions I listed above (diversity is great), I'm just saying that there can be beautiful, yet classy women.
With a great voice as well. <3

Jenvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I've given up on LoL to get a non-sexualized female champion, I've given up to hope i could play a she-beast at some point, I've given up to think the comunity would get this problem some day.

fact is, men like boobs, they make idiots of themselves, would buy 'oktoberfest-sona' just cause of her look and never play it. Men let companies like riot pull their money out of their *****es, cause thats what they think with.
Im anyway not playing LoL anymore, it gets no new maps or game modes, no new items, just new champions for people to buy, that gets boring, and the comunity is one of the worst I've ever experianced. But its the internet so its OK to be the worst human scum you can possibly be.

Im playing Guild Wars 2 now, with my bf and lots of friends. Its a real smart game, with the developers having more interesst in the players than just their money.
Charr have not the usual gender differences, just minor things a human could easily miss to notice, same goes for asura. Sylvari have more human gender differences, but you wont find any muscle bound dudes, or girls who are half boobs. humans are actually build like humans, and come in different shapes. but you got also the norn, huge and muscular, but sure if the males are almost as wide as tall, the females wont be stick-figures either.

that is diversity

oh and the comunity is great, people are actually NICE ON THE INTERNET