@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Wow.
I just
Wow.

YEAH, FEMINISM IS DEAD BECAUSE PEOPLE STILL EXIST THAT WANT TO BE EQUAL

also at no point did you use logic, you used a strawman
you didn't even answer the question my arguement posed.

do you think its sexist for female to be left out of the infantry if putting them in gets men and women killed.

is it sexist for men and women to be treated differently in society and government? do you TRULY believe it is?

you could just always jump back to your pathetic (and not even effective or clever) "trolling" in which you basically say "yep, i'm trolling, you got trolled, lo!@!11".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayrona

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by clappersucks View Post
I think the main reason that this game fewer female gamers then male is simply because..... not many women play video games. This game already has a larger female population then any other game I have played.
A lot more women are playing video games than there used to be. LoL is a very popular game and so it makes sense that LoL would have a larger female population than most other games because it is so popular. Your argument is more relevant to the size of LoL, not to female gamers in particular or their interests are far as games go. What would be a more relevant statistic is the percentage of the population, and good luck coming up with that number for any game.

My argument is that more women would play this game if it were not for the lack of diversity, which you did not address at all. So, I have to agree with you, but I cannot say that your argument directly responds to mine or even contradicts it. It's more like an additional comment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina View Post
He looked grungy, not like he had not taken a bath in 6 months. You seriously can't look at Olaf and say he looks "a little messy". It's like saying Urgot looks "a bit scarred".
Kurt himself rarely took baths, hence his genre being "grunge".

he was a drug-using alcoholic who wore mismatched old, ripped dirty cloths and was, and is still considered sexually attractive.

"edit" also you even USED THE TERM GRUNGY to describe Olaf, the irony is lost on you i'm sure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
you didn't even answer the question my arguement posed.

do you think its sexist for female to be left out of the infantry if putting them in gets men and women killed.

is it sexist for men and women to be treated differently in society and government? do you TRULY believe it is?

you could just always jump back to your pathetic (and not even effective or clever) "trolling" in which you basically say "yep, i'm trolling, you got trolled, lo!@!11".
Because the morally correct answer is, ****ing yes. Women DESERVE the right to fight for their country as much as men do, and how ****ing dare you take that away from someone.

But now you're gonna come and say that i want soldiers to die, no, and thats a strawman.

The issues are completely separate, and its disgusting, utterly disgusting to me that you think a person shouldn't be allowed to stand up and fight for the things they believe in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
because not every issue is black and white, I don't fully agree with the entire thing, just moderately agree that MOST champions shouldn't be made that way.

but I do not agree with tampering with artistic freedom, I will disagree with what they do, but I will defend their right to do it.
What do you think you are, a lawyer in public court? Nobody is questioning anybody's right to do anything. The fact is that most champions ARE made that way, and you profess not to like it but vehemently oppose anyone who advocates for a change (not to mention 99% of what you've posted up to now has been in favor of the status quo).

It's not ****ing oppression to advocate for serious champion art design. Quit the damn persecution complex. Wake up and smell the coffee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
Kurt himself rarely took baths, hence his genre being "grunge".

he was a drug-using alcoholic who wore mismatched old, ripped dirty cloths and was, and is still considered sexually attractive.

"edit" also you even USED THE TERM GRUNGY to describe Olaf, the irony is lost on you i'm sure.
I used it to describe Cobain. Read. And taking a bath every few weeks is a bit better than what Olaf looks like.
I also think he (Cobain) might have been considered cute or pretty by some... mysterious... whatever, not exactly a *** symbol. Sure someone surely did like him that way, but it was not the norm.

(And I used "grungy" on purpose).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Megzakad

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Darius is graying and wrinkles are forming. He looks like he is in his mid 40’s.
• Draven can’t be much younger. Early 40’s.
• Gangplank’s beard makes it hard to see his face, but he looks like he is at least late 30’s. His skins can age him quite a bit.
• Gragas can be anywhere between 30 and 50. It’s hard to tell.
• Graves looks at least 45. Jailbreak Graves looks even older.
• Ryze is tough to place, because he is blue, but if Tribal Ryze is his human form, dude looks 50+.
• Shaco looks like a creeper. The makeup makes him impossible to place, but his bone structure suggests that he is well past young-adulthood.
• Singed is definitely past his prime.
• Swain doesn’t look a day younger than 50.
• Tryndamere is at least 40.
• Udyr is certainly in his 50’s.
• Viktor’s prototype skin shows that he is graying.
• Zilean is a geezer. For someone with time powers, he makes no attempt to reverse his age.

Wat, you think that most of these male champions are old geezers?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Because the morally correct answer is, ****ing yes. Women DESERVE the right to fight for their country as much as men do, and how ****ing dare you take that away from someone.

But now you're gonna come and say that i want soldiers to die, no, and thats a strawman.

The issues are completely separate, and its disgusting, utterly disgusting to me that you think a person shouldn't be allowed to stand up and fight for the things they believe in.
HAHAHAHAHA..

god you have to be a kid, you just have to, i'm not saying you ARE, but anyone THIS naive, THIS retarded only has one option for excuse "i'm 12-18".

women have the right to go into any branch of the miltary, they get to fight in many forms, they do not get to go to Infantry because it lowers combat effectiveness, IE its not good for the miltary.

BEING IN THE MILITARY IS NOT ABOUT YOU, YOUR GENDER, OR YOUR FEELINGS, iTS ABOUT KILLING AND HOW GOOD YOU CAN BE MADE TO DO THAT, YOU SERVE THE MILITARY NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

if they say you aren't good in the infantry YOU DO NOT GET TO GO, no matter the reason, NOTHING should change this because if it did, people could DIE and battles would be LOST.

this is the first time you honestly made me even a little mad (yes I mad, jimmies rustled) and I know that you will not understand how you misteped and how it would anger anyone who actually served their country, i'm glad you still spout your rhetoric without thinking.

I honestly tried to show you how you were wrong and the world doesn't work as simplistically as it obviously does in your child-brain, my mistake, for that was an impossibility.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteglint3 View Post
condescending bull****
**** you and your don't ask don't tell ways.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiteglint3

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
What do you think you are, a lawyer in public court? Nobody is questioning anybody's right to do anything. The fact is that most champions ARE made that way, and you profess not to like it but vehemently oppose anyone who advocates for a change (not to mention 99% of what you've posted up to now has been in favor of the status quo).

It's not ****ing oppression to advocate for serious champion art design. Quit the damn persecution complex. Wake up and smell the coffee.
I never argued that new champions should be made the same way, I never argued for the status Quo.

and it is oppression to try and control art, of any type, its a freedom you'll just have to deal with.