Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omegafilter

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Fake cheering, like Saturday Night Live does fake laughing!?!
Can I payz to be part of the fake cheering? ^_^

Gewcebawcks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We actually planned on keeping all of the pro teams (players, managers, etc.) here past the World Finals as they have been part of the World Championship, so we extended them the invite for the whole ~2 weeks. We already took care of their flights, hotels, and food so there is not much disruption here. I think some of them are actually at Universal Studios today.
INC pic of Frost and Spongebob.

Gewcebawcks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3otten View Post
Redbeard why would you guys ever pick a day and a time like this? Last weekend started at a kind of reasonable time, even though we had to pull all nighters to watch it completely.

5am PST is 2AM in Europe, not to mention Asia, where it will be really early in the morning/going into a working day.

With this decision you made it impossible for any people outside of the American continent to watch these games. It's either starting in the middle of the night, or when people are at work. I understand it will always be inconvenient for either US, EUrope or Asia, but at least the times from last weekend were kind of reasonable (starting at 9pm in Europe). I know Riot isn't against Europe and what not, but you guys are making it pretty hard for us to not feel this way.

Why not opt for the same as last weekend? Why not start on Friday? And why not start at the same time as last weekend? You can easily do quarterfinal and 2 semis on Friday and the final on Saturday.

And what about the match between CLG EU and WE? It's 1-1 right now,m but don't you guys think it should be better to replay this match entirely (aka best of 3 again). Tis will be a conflip now. No more chance to get back when you're behind. This is a new day, new possibilities and I think this match should start from scratch.
American work day ends traditionally at 5PM. It's when the Riot office can migrate over to the Venue... a Venue that's widely used for multiple events. I'm sure USC's basketball team, or music department would be pretty pissed if Riot just barged in, set-up shop, and started yelling... "GET OUT OF OUR WAY!!! THERE ARE EUROPEANS THAT NEED TOO SEE THIS GAME!!!"

It's a worldwide audience... regardless of who's in the finals.

Vendetta425

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbletoad View Post
RedBeard -In the future, instead of having djWHEAT come out and be the "bad guy" and announce that the games were canceled for the day. You or another Riot employee should of of manned up and took the stage to make the announcement. It looks better that way since it shows you are not hiding from your "mistakes". Granted the "mistake" was not really in your hands.
You realize that you only saw what was streamed? A riot employee [Co-Founder, Yes Ryze], delivered us the news and told us all what has happened and djWheat told the streamers later.

infas

10-08-2012

Wednesday?

Bèst Toaster NA

10-08-2012

TSM's level 1 fight completely got ruined because of Azubu's map looking.

Rito Luca

10-08-2012

I have a question.. can the audio for Azubu's first minute of game 1 with TSM be released? I would love to hear what they said during their obscure pinging. Thankyou

IS1695fbf4ff92b3ebeb85c

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewcebawcks View Post
American work day ends traditionally at 5PM. It's when the Riot office can migrate over to the Venue... a Venue that's widely used for multiple events. I'm sure USC's basketball team, or music department would be pretty pissed if Riot just barged in, set-up shop, and started yelling... "GET OUT OF OUR WAY!!! THERE ARE EUROPEANS THAT NEED TOO SEE THIS GAME!!!"

It's a worldwide audience... regardless of who's in the finals.
Indeed it's a worldwide audience. Too bad nobody in the rest of the world is able to watch the game, apart from people in the US of course. I think this is really bad. Especially considering the only teams lef tin the tournament are from Europe and Asia....

If Riot can't use the current venue, they could easily find something else. If there's no audience, teams in seperate rooms etc etc, why would you even need a big venue like that? In that case 3 indoor rooms would be sufficient. I assume they need to move their stuff there anyways on Wednesday, so might as well move it to a different location. If the stuff is still there, it means nobody else will use te space and they will still be able to broadcast whenever the hell they want to.

Working day might traditionally end at 5 pm in the US. I don't think Riot's staff can't do wihtout a couple of it's members for a few hours. Not every staff member is at the venue. Besides, the games were able to start at reasonable time slast week, so why suddenly that's impossible for this week?

THis game has a worldwide audience indeed. So I think the rest of the world's audience's interest should be taken into account a whole lot more. Europe has more players than US. Let alone Europe and Asia combined. Especially with Riot organising this....if this was a MLG even tor something, then it's a 3rd party which RIot has little to do with. BUt this is their own event, their name on the line, their own audience, their players etc. I thik those people's interest need ot be taken into account a bit more. You can't rule out everyone but people in the US. It has to be taken into account. Apart from that, I don't think it's a smart choice business wise (less stream revenue etc).

canadiancolbs

10-08-2012

When can we expect the final ruling on the tsm/af match and the ping? Not trying to pursue or ensue any further arguments covered, but would like to know when to expect the outcome as I'm sure it will affect the tournament significantly.

lemicz

10-08-2012

So, when 5 pm on wednesday is the earliest possible time to schedule the last playoff match and the semi finals with two european teams why didn't you schedule them at thursday 1 pm so we can actually watch these games too?

Seems kinda unfair...