Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Derptionary

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smcl View Post
Give Phreak lots of energy drinks, he'll be the hype.
Remember to tell him to cheer when wards are killed. ;p

Tell him to start saying Tons of Damage again too.... He didn't say it at all during the 3 days of him shoutcasting, even when Riv tried to force it out of him.

Kraft

10-08-2012

8pm est... Guess this isn't for people that have school the next day -_-''

Housemate

10-08-2012

Riot RedBeard manning up like a champ. I knew Riot would handle the situation after the weekend.

Derptionary

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroHenry View Post
8pm est... Guess this isn't for people that have school the next day -_-''

It's great for those of us that live on the west coast and have already graduated from school though!

Phanman

10-08-2012

The cleanest solution to the entire cheating scandal and poor stage setup is to replay the entire playoffs from the beginning.

Don't think anyone wants that, but that would be the 100% fair solution.

HolyPikeman

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We knew the World Finals would be bad for EU so we scheduled the Playoffs to accommodate your time zone for the most part, but things obviously did not go as planned. We are really sorry about this for our EU fans. Tough to stay up late on a weekend, let anoe a Wednesday night.
More terrible event planning....jesus would you LEARN already.

SublimeIbanez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoxKizuna View Post
Bring TSM back for a rematch against Frost.
Will increase hype tenfolds. Doesn't affect the progression of brackets.
So why rematch rather than DQing Frost? Because honestly, I think they're more skilled than TSM (fanboy here). But TSM deserves to at least lose fairly, 1 million dollar was on the line for them.

If you conclude Frost cheated that is.
I don't know why you were downvoted, but I agree completely. They really have to bring all of the people that are out back into the tournament because of the possibility of cheating. And yes, AZF are definitely more skilled (TSM fanboy here) but a fair game is all we ask for.

HolyPikeman

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanman View Post
The cleanest solution to the entire cheating scandal and poor stage setup is to replay the entire playoffs from the beginning.

Don't think anyone wants that, but that would be the 100% fair solution.
+1

So much cheating, you gotta redo them all.

Ajido

10-08-2012

Wait, so the FINALS are Wednesday the 10th? In addition to the last quarterfinal match and the semifinals?

CuTtHrOaT93

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Quick update. We’re writing up a full front page post about this but I want to get it out now that details are decided.

The conclusion of the playoffs will take place on Wednesday the 10th, starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. We’re going to be broadcasting from the same venue our World Finals are taking place, the Galen Center, and the players will be competing in a backstage area while we set up the main stage for Saturday. Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately won’t be hosting a live audience.

We'll once again be streaming in free HD on both Twitch and Own3D, with the same broadcast production features (player cams, replays, etc.). Casters will remain the same for English, and we’re determining what other languages we’ll be providing.
Are you guys intentionally picking days i have to work... only got to watch the boring ass group stage so far