TSM & AF Cheating Issue

1234511 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZakarumOP

10-08-2012

First off if your viewing this, thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you agree please +1 this so it gets noticed.

History:

In the World Playoffs the matchup was Team Solo Mid vs Azubu Frost. In the start of the game there was a pause due to connectivity issues/chat issues. The problem was resolved and the match was ready to continue on.

Rules:

1. They had to keep their headsets on at all times during the game.
2. They had to facefoward at all times during the game, even during pauses.

Problems:

1. The screen which the audience looks at to view the game was placed behind the players instead of infront like this tournment for Dota 2: Here
2. The location of the computers was so close to the viewing screen that viewing the minimap to see the location of the enemy players wouldn't be difficult.
3. No referees were watching the players for the first minute into the game.

Controversy:

When the match resumed, Azubu Frost player "Woong" looked up at the screen & saw Team Solo Mid going top and even threw out a ping at their location to tell his team.

Other Controversy:

TSM was looking up at the audience viewing screen also therefore there cheating.

Why TSM Controversy is invalid:

No game was occuring at the time as you can clearly see on the audience viewing screen that its the commentator's on the screen talking. View: Here.

My Opinion:

After viewing the pictures & video (Links at the bottom) I agree with the Controversy.

Why?

1. Well when Woong turns his head you can see that the person to his right (our left) is looking at his computer screen so If you think he was looking to talk to his teammate that clearly wasn't the case.
2. His head isn't just turned directly to the right but at a diagonal angle where the viewing screen was.
3. The ping that was from Woong was almost in the exact place it showed on the screen.

What Should've Happened:

Azubu Frost should've been DQed from the 1st game therefore putting TSM up 1-0.

What Should Happen:

Riot should investigate the issue & check all the different camera angles to come up with a conclusion & respond to this topic.

Like I said if you agree with me +1 at the bottom right corner to make this post more known so others know about it. If you disagree post a comment below on what you think he was looking at / what should of happened etc.

Links:

Picture #1: Here

Picture #2: Here

Video: Here

HotShotBG2EZ

10-08-2012

I know its been done to death and there are so many of these threads but I want some real justice.

Cheating in a WORLDS TOURNAMENT match, a match that is SUPPOSED to determine the best League of Legends team in inexcusable and should not be tolerated.

TheNutKickerHARD

10-08-2012

DDQ would have been alittle too much. It was Riot's fault that they have failed to inspect the sitting to prevent potential cheating.

Raek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Yep, he cheated. Now what do they do about it? Riot's already apologized and said they're fixing it. You want them to replay the whole series or something?

edit: I will say I agree with you. It's just there isn't exactly a ready solution to the problem.

LawlerBrawler

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNutKickerHARD View Post
DDQ would have been alittle too much. It was Riot's fault that they have failed to inspect the sitting to prevent potential cheating.
While some of it was Riot's fault, there were clear rules about not looking away from the screen, so anyone who violates that is not blameless either.

It's a bit difficult, part of me thinks that screen looking in a game like LoL is such unsportsmanlike conduct that it warrants a DQ, while another part of me thinks that a DQ would be too harsh because the advantage they actually gained was supposedly minuscule.

Besteau

10-08-2012

Thumbs up.

Bacon Supreme

10-08-2012

ITT butthurt NA fans

HotShotBG2EZ

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Supreme View Post
ITT butthurt NA fans
Sorry for wanting a fair series without cheating. Sorry for having morales, guess they don't have those where you're from.

Bacon Supreme

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShotBG2EZ View Post
Sorry for wanting a fair series without cheating. Sorry for having morales, guess they don't have those where you're from.
I'm sorry you're so mad that you have to fabricate a cheating scandal to compensate for it.

Derptionary

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon Supreme View Post
ITT butthurt NA fans
Or maybe just someone who thinks that breaking the rules is wrong and that people who break rules should be punished for their actions?

In response to the OP RedBeard said that they are investigating the possible "cheating" done by Azubu Frost, so I'm sure we'll hear Riot's results from the investigation before Wednesday when they resume the tournament.

1234511 ... 21