Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrrationalNoob

10-08-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW7uNxqXfn8

Convenient links to all of azubu frost checks to minimap.

Zankman

10-08-2012

Wow, Riot...

Thanks for the effort, and I'm not trying to bash you - but why are you ignoring the video, posted and quoted so many times, which clearly shows Azubu Frost cheating?

Do you even look at Reddit? I know you do.

What is the excuse?

Gage

10-08-2012

The image on the Frost player pinging top lane Tier 2 Turret (3rd turret til Nexus) out of no where after the pause really bothers me. He clearly saw TSM moving up top lane and pings to the location there were a few seconds before that, as they still advance up top lane.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrouge View Post
Yep. 6 to 7 after 59 minutes is such a joy to watch!
That was one matchup. Not a fair representation of the tournament as a whole. Even during that though, the fans got pissed off at the passive play but they then made their own fun and had a great time from what I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
While I don't doubt that you are correct in this regard, what is troubling is that, with $2 million on the line, nobody at Riot took a second to think, "Gee, this is a game where knowing the location of the enemy gives you a tremendous advantage. Maybe we shouldn't throw a huge map up behind the players with that EXACT information on it and not put in place any kind of barrier to prevent the teams from being able to see it."
It bothers me too but I try not to judge too harshly. It IS a huge oversight but assuming they learn their lesson then I don't see a reason to completely discount a game and esport that I truly enjoy over a couple fumbles.

IS1130ca93c056a16e55514

10-08-2012

Keep Up TO Date:
Scheduled Information Included.
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=871759

BananaSniper

10-08-2012

Thank you for the clarification, glad to see Riot taking the necessary steps to improving future events.

Dirkaah

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Think I mentioned this earlier, but we will be putting up overhangs so the possibility of peaking is removed.
Why didn't Riot do this in the first place? I find it hard to believe that it just slipped your minds.

Slick Willyy

10-08-2012

I know this may be a shot in the dark. I was at the playoffs live on Saturday and the first thing I thought when the disconnect happened during the team fight after so much passive play was "how could that happen at literally the worst time." I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but is it possible that someone hacked and caused the disconnect. Like I said it is a shot in the dark and the only evidence I have is the timing of the disconnect and the huge prize pool at stake. Now I did not see the previous disconnect the helped out CLG EU because I was playing an ARAM with curse . But I do know it was not at nearly as bad of timing for a dc, teams have come back from worse. I don't want this to be a hit in the face to the Riot Tech team, but it's hard not to think... Is it possible

SublimeIbanez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
You think a power outage can be prevented? You think networking issues that they weren't in real control over could be prevented?

I suppose you must be... Like... The CEO of "Plan-it-All" or something.
Yes. This all can be prevented. First off, backup generators. Second off, a secured LAN that's not connected to the internet, but to a dedicated server.

And before you try to think that this isn't practical, this is a major tournament with over a million dollars on the line.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-08-2012
14 of 58 Riot Posts

Quick update. We’re writing up a full front page post about this but I want to get it out now that details are decided.

The conclusion of the playoffs will take place on Wednesday the 10th, starting at 5:00 PM Pacific Time. We’re going to be broadcasting from the same venue our World Finals are taking place, the Galen Center, and the players will be competing in a backstage area while we set up the main stage for Saturday. Players will be separated with no visibility of the opposing team. Due to the quick turnaround, we unfortunately won’t be hosting a live audience.

We'll once again be streaming in free HD on both Twitch and Own3D, with the same broadcast production features (player cams, replays, etc.). Casters will remain the same for English, and we’re determining what other languages we’ll be providing.