@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpiceePicklez

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
-Nobody is crusading against attractiveness.
-Male champions are created to appeal to males; their appeal to females is entirely tangential, which is why many male champions are so absurdly muscular as to become unattractive. It's the difference between being buff, being a World's Strongest Man competitor, and being He-Man (or Kassadin).
-The existence of issues with male champions doesn't mean female champions don't have issues, it means BOTH genders have issues.
-Yeah, call Shaella a troll because you're too lazy to answer his arguments.
She/he has no arguments.. He just said "UNTIL WE ARE EQUAL". Not really an argument

No, Buff guys appeal to females. Seriously, Maybe not ripped like body builders, but most women like guys with abs and 6-packs. Trust me, I know. I've been told by many.

If both genders have issues, why focus on the women?

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyPickles7 View Post
She/he has no arguments.. He just said "UNTIL WE ARE EQUAL". Not really an argument

No, Buff guys appeal to females. Seriously, Maybe not ripped like body builders, but most women like guys with abs and 6-packs. Trust me, I know. I've been told by many.

Except that is my argument
I will stop it when we're equal
we are provably not equal

Shadeykris

10-08-2012

Quote:

It's like you didn't read his/her post at all....

SpiceePicklez

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeykris View Post
It's like you didn't read his/her post at all....
Maybe you didn't read it.

What does your insinuation even mean?

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Maybe you didn't read it.

What does your insinuation even mean?
he's calling you illiterate
Since you couldn't figure that out, maybe you are

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Someone said there's only one non white/asian champ, there is Karma, Malzahar, Nidalee, and uh.. Jax and Ryze? :/ Shyvana sort of counts right??

Anyway, glad to see Ironstylus cares so much. Hopefully he continues making an impact. Rickless is another champion of the people so glad to see he's on board as well...

Can we have champions in dresses/clothes that aren't ****ty? It seems like now there's a "armoured girls" and "****ty girls" thing going on. Karma is my favourite champion and her dress is awesome... more like that would be appreciated.

The Cpt America

10-08-2012

I didn't read anything because there is a simple solution:

Why the hell do you even have to state your gender in game? I have never, EVER yelled "I AM A GUY AND I WILL BE PLAYING DARIUS TOP LANE" before - that is stupid.

I really have known that anybody i was ever playing with was a girl unless they told me otherwise. Is there some secret to if a girl is playing a game their character moves differently? Give me a break.

HayabusaZero

10-08-2012

I'm really glad that IronStylus and Riot is taking this variety issue to their hearts. Like the great parrot said, it won't be an instant change (considering how long it takes them to create a new champion) but hopefully time will reward us with a great lineup of champions to kill our worries and make everyone happy.

Shaella

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cpt America View Post
I didn't read anything because there is a simple solution:

Why the hell do you even have to state your gender in game? I have never, EVER yelled "I AM A GUY AND I WILL BE PLAYING DARIUS TOP LANE" before - that is stupid.

I really have known that anybody i was ever playing with was a girl unless they told me otherwise. Is there some secret to if a girl is playing a game their character moves differently? Give me a break.
Why do girls have to prove that they're girls, but guys don't
i'll wait

MathMage

10-08-2012

Quote:
That's exactly why I made the distinction between being buff and being Kassadin. Read my posts more carefully if you're gonna comment on them.

Quote:
I DO take issue with champion art of both genders where inappropriate. But you're pretending that these token guy examples are just as bad as the broad sexualization of the majority of female champions. That's disingenuous.