Regarding cheating accusations... Whatever happened to...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Timo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-08-2012

Too many evidence already ... all over the forum !!!
Its unfair NOT to look at it
If Curse and Dig got DQ in that aram thing
AF has more reason to be DQ


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syntaxs

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Zenith View Post
Innocent until proven guilty?

On one hand some are in favor of justice, in the other, they ignore the right to due process.
I'm not big on spouting out about "my rights" and that is generally because my rights so often are simply moral guidelines, up for individual interpretation. However, most of us have the legal right to due process.

We can voice our opinions, that's often a legal right, too. However, I find there is an inherent flaw in saying "these people are cheats" before Riot has decided so. I know not all nations share this value of 'you are innocent until proven guilty by due process'... But on these forums, we're not all American.. or British... or Aussies - yet we abide by the rules which govern Riot games.

Let's show the Chinese, the Korean... the Taiwanese communities.. what it means to be a member of a Just society
- and we can start by giving them this basic right.
Thanks for having a better English and me and thanks for knowing that it is called
"Innocent before proven guilty"!
That's what I expressed in another thread today but with way worse words.

And guys there will never be 100% evidence to them being guilty.
So there was a ping?
Five players could have used it, one could have explained something.

Oh the player was looking to the side, maybe he wanted to look into the beautiful face
of Reginald, maybe he saw a flie sitting on the nose of someone or he just wanted to
relax his neck.

You will never be able to prove them guilty for 100%
never effing ever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doc Zenith

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntaxs View Post
Thanks for having a better English and me and thanks for knowing that it is called
"Innocent before proven guilty"!
That's what I expressed in another thread today but with way worse words.

And guys there will never be 100% evidence to them being guilty.
So there was a ping?
Five players could have used it, one could have explained something.

Oh the player was looking to the side, maybe he wanted to look into the beautiful face
of Reginald, maybe he saw a flie sitting on the nose of someone or he just wanted to
relax his neck.

You will never be able to prove them guilty for 100%
never effing ever.
If I only manage to help you get your point across, I've accomplished what I wanted =) Glad I could help, mate!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syntaxs

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Well the point is, there will never exist evidence except for the players proving themselves guilty
by saying that they infact did cheat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiora Mid GG

Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Zenith View Post
Innocent until proven guilty?

On one hand some are in favor of justice, in the other, they ignore the right to due process.
I'm not big on spouting out about "my rights" and that is generally because my rights so often are simply moral guidelines, up for individual interpretation. However, most of us have the legal right to due process.

We can voice our opinions, that's often a legal right, too. However, I find there is an inherent flaw in saying "these people are cheats" before Riot has decided so. I know not all nations share this value of 'you are innocent until proven guilty by due process'... But on these forums, we're not all American.. or British... or Aussies - yet we abide by the rules which govern Riot games.

Let's show the Chinese, the Korean... the Taiwanese communities.. what it means to be a member of a Just society
- and we can start by giving them this basic right.
the fact there is no official investigation from riot makes people angrier then the (possible) act itself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xemeron

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layorz View Post
And how are you proven guilty? Evidence... There's plenty of it around the forums.

All you have is a front view of one guy looking to the right and a strange ping.
Wouldnt count for this to give you good chances at the court...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Zenith View Post
Innocent until proven guilty?
I really hate it when people with no legal expertise try to invoke legal terms they don't understand in contexts where they don't apply.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is not some sort of abstract principle that we're expected to apply in all walks of life, it is a legal standard which applies to entities accused of criminal acts. Ok? It has absolutely nothing to do with this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syntaxs

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
I really hate it when people with no legal expertise try to invoke legal terms they don't understand in contexts where they don't apply.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is not some sort of abstract principle that we're expected to apply in all walks of life, it is a legal standard which applies to entities accused of criminal acts. Ok? It has absolutely nothing to do with this.
So if we take "Cheating is bad" as a "Gamerlaw" and AF as entities (which we easily
can assume no?)

Then... people are infact accusing entities of criminal acts no?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WyldDozer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-08-2012

How stupid are you people? YOU CAN ONLY LOOK STRAIGHT AT YOUR SCREEN. God damned, dozens of pictures of ******* NOT looking straight ahead... Doesn't matter wether or not you can prove they cheated, the rules say look straight ahead, and they didn't...

And as far as an official act, the only thing they could do is punish just about every time since all of them showed players looking at something other than there screens.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doc Zenith

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
I really hate it when people with no legal expertise try to invoke legal terms they don't understand in contexts where they don't apply.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is not some sort of abstract principle that we're expected to apply in all walks of life, it is a legal standard which applies to entities accused of criminal acts. Ok? It has absolutely nothing to do with this.
If you are having trouble understanding how the term applies to this situation, perhaps you cannot grasp why law and justice exist in our society today.

Essentially, law is the voice of the unspoken truth, as one famous author said. Without Riot's due process, this is a witch hunt - which is why everyone is so riled up.