Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarthWhore

10-08-2012

@Red beard: Thanks for clarifying what happened that day.

I know what happened that day was bad, but as a network engineer I do understand that these things happen and all we can do is to take actions that will prevent such incidents in future.

BUT i have one more clarification in this regard..... what was the decision taken about the ping(done by azubu frost) by at the top tier 2 tower of TSM right at the start of the game? if they pinged river/enemy blue or red buffs i can understand. but a 100% correct ping under fog of war so deep in to TSM teritory must look a bit shady right?? (im not whining about TSM losing since I support CLG.eu at the finals coz i love their grinding style of play :P)

thank you to all at Riot for keeping this awesome game going from strength to strength.

zedest

10-08-2012

Idk if you've already answered this, but are any of the TSM / CLG games being replayed? 2 Million Dollars is a lot of money for some teams to have lost part of because of cheating.

TakaTony

10-08-2012

thx,hope we can watch a good game.

Solo Top Laner

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
If you read through that post you will find my answer to this:

get to 5:32:45. That is the actual place the pic and the video shows all the time.
The OP of that thread is the real troll.

(start at 5:32:30 end at 5:33:00)

When the camera goes up behind the crowed you can see AF and how one of them (Woong, second from left) looks up there. Some sec later he pings it on the map.

Sorry, but you fell for a troll.
Investigate for yourself and don't believe everything.

AF should get punished for that. Maybe ban them from one tournament (the next Riot tournament they could attempt to).
Sadly, he's right. The second player to the left of AF looked up whenever the game had shown up on the big screen, and pinged a few seconds later to let everyone on AF know that they were heading up top lane.

Xyltin

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalandor46 View Post
Wait, I'm confused. Aren't tournament games shoutcasted on a delay? So wouldn't they be looking at a map that's 3 minutes out of date? If that was such a big deal for normal spectator mode, why on earth is that not the case for tournament play? I thought that's why it always takes a few minutes between picks/bans and the game start...
Wrong. the normal observer mode delay is 3 min.
For tournaments and on the tournament server, the delay can get changed down to a min of around 2-3 sec (game server != oberserver server so a small delay will exist cause of the architecture they decided to use for safety)

TheFlyingSpoon

10-08-2012

This info is super helpful. Will miss the live audience for the final matches, but I'm looking forward to the good commentary.

Phreak and Rivington duo op. Jat does real well but 2nd tier. Deman is okay.

*Gets off soap box*

Xyltin

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingSpoon View Post
This info is super helpful. Will miss the live audience for the final matches, but I'm looking forward to the good commentary.

Phreak and Rivington duo op. Jat does real well but 2nd tier. Deman is okay.

*Gets off soap box*
The finals will be played with the audience.
Only the WE vs CLG.EU game and the semi-finals won't have any.

badness

10-08-2012

rofl after the endless amount of riot bashing, riot makes one post and gets 650 thumbs up and that seems to be the end of it. Riot knows how to control their sheep.

HolyPikeman

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by badness View Post
rofl after the endless amount of riot bashing, riot makes one post and gets 650 thumbs up and that seems to be the end of it. Riot knows how to control their sheep.
cheating during multimillion dollar match, ip boost for a day and the sheep peasants are happy.

Riot Tisu shouldve been fired immediately. Head ref my a55.

Enthrall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to communicate to us about these issues. Caring about the fans like this is what makes Riot so great.