If you leave support for me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phil Nye

10-08-2012

I hate when I pick an actually good support (one that fits the adc better usually) but they want me to go soraka (or sona, which I don't have yet), because it's like "zomg you have to heal me or you're a bad support champ!"

What if I want to use Leona or Nunu, especially the latter for someone like Kog'maw?

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nye View Post
I hate when I pick an actually good support (one that fits the adc better usually) but they want me to go soraka (or sona, which I don't have yet), because it's like "zomg you have to heal me or you're a bad support champ!"

What if I want to use Leona or Nunu, especially the latter for someone like Kog'maw?
i use to do soraka a lot when i was forced to support just because my champion pool was smaller and she's easier to do okay with than some of the other supports.

Honestly though i cant play her anymore i absolutely hate her.

warriormonkey03

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nye View Post

I never fully understood the Nunu alt thing. I've never really played against Nunu that much and just recently am i getting into some games where people try and form a decent comp (normals around level 20-25). I played against a Nunu Soraka bottom lane (i was graves with a taric support) and man oh man do i see why Nunu is a good support. All that slow, even his ult does huge slow, lets your ADC get in position and then melts their health for you to finish. Soraka was in lane and not an ADC.

Cryswar

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
I will do it, however I will not like it.

I will not pick a conventional support, I will pick an odd support like Malzahar or something.

Why? Because I don't have fun playing support. You may think the game is all about winning, I think it's all about fun. If you don't want me to play a non-conventional support, well then take it yourself.
Well... I'm a dedicated support main who genuinely enjoys the role, so what I'm about to say is going to lose a bit of bite.

But seriously - you're being a ****. If you're going to do a role, PLAY IT. Don't be one of the idiots who go AD "support" minion stealing Amumu or berserker greaves "support" Volibear; I look at those sods as free wins, because that's exactly all they're good for - handing a free win to the opposing team.

If you don't want to play support, that's understandable. Discuss kill lanes with whoever else you're both with; Leona+J4, Cass+Teemo, Ali+Blitz, whatever. If you're in normals, it probably doesn't even matter if you just pick Malz support.

Just don't do **** like that in ranked, or you're being a complete twit and frankly intentionally assisting the enemy team. I don't care who you think you are, the "main" supports are the frontrunners for a reason - they function better with 0CS than Malzahar. "Free will" is a nice concept and all, but trying to lose the game for your team is reportable, and even if it wasn't - you're just being a dick. Don't be That Guy.

(on a brighter note: good taste to be playing Malz. He's a ton of fun and my go-to mid!)

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriormonkey03 View Post
I never fully understood the Nunu alt thing. I've never really played against Nunu that much and just recently am i getting into some games where people try and form a decent comp (normals around level 20-25). I played against a Nunu Soraka bottom lane (i was graves with a taric support) and man oh man do i see why Nunu is a good support. All that slow, even his ult does huge slow, lets your ADC get in position and then melts their health for you to finish. Soraka was in lane and not an ADC.
yeah he also gives his ADC a movement speed increase and an attack speed increase off of blood boil, his snowball also reduces enemy attack speed which makes trading with lanes quite favorable. Also his Q is like a second smite for your team so clearing objectives and stealing buffs is a lot stronger for your team

larrylarry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

if you arnt willing to play every role in RANKED, dont play ranked. some people play ranked to climb or get better, not to troll.

OP is probably one of the people who claim LoL has a **** community when he goes into games and sticks a middle finger at 4 people and causes a loss cause of his own ego. playing a pseudo viable support like lux is fine, but going full troll and picking malz is going to cause teammates to get quite mad at you, and rightly so.

Minwu325

10-08-2012

As long as you buy wards and let me farm, I don't care too much, but it's pretty hard not to push as malzahar

RexSaur

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonted Blade View Post
Or I play whatever mode I want?

That's why free will exists.
Im just going to guess that you are a **** that doesnt care about the other 4 ppl on his team, picks w/e he wants and if he doesnt get what he wants then he does stupid things.

By ''support malzahar'' you probably mean you take CS, buy no wards and then blame ur AD for losing the lane.

Dont get me wrong, i have no problems with unconventional supports, but you cant just roll over your team, your ''fun'' isnt more important the other 4 ppl fun(your team mates).

USS BUTTPEE

10-08-2012

This is one of the reasons why I generally don't play ranked. The only champion I'm really comfortable with in the support role is Maokai, who is a niche pick as a support, and I don't really enjoy it. So I figure if I don't really enjoy playing to win, I'll just play normals. I mean, I try to win, but I like playing the characters I want to play more than I enjoy winning. I'll go support if asked, but I'll generally play support Mao every time.

Crumblerumble

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylarry View Post
if you arnt willing to play every role in RANKED, dont play ranked. some people play ranked to climb or get better, not to troll.

OP is probably one of the people who claim LoL has a **** community when he goes into games and sticks a middle finger at 4 people and causes a loss cause of his own ego. playing a pseudo viable support like lux is fine, but going full troll and picking malz is going to cause teammates to get quite mad at you, and rightly so.
i have to disagree with EVERY role, to be honest i'm horrible at ADC i will not do it in ranked it's not up to par compared to my other roles i can play. My team for the most part after i saw that they don't make me play ADC because sticking someone where they are worse at is never a good recipe for success.

I can't think of a ranked game i've done recently where i went ADC, most people have that one role they are best in, but another 1-2 they can play at a close enough level where they feel comfortable. Putting a team mate into a position where he's not going to succeed. Although there are games where your team will want you to do a role you don't enjoy as much or arent as proficient as you can suck it up and try to play, or you can dodge the game and try to get a team that will build better around the strengths of its players