Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dryad Soraka

10-07-2012

Maybe that's because jungling is a flawed tactic, supports do way more and are more valuable than a jungler.

The problem is there should be few champions who are capable of jungling. Giving every champion the ability to be anything and everything is what's ruining LoL right now.
Too many assassins, too many junglers, too many champions with crowd control etc.

IIZekoII

10-07-2012

yeah it's really bad. i main support,jungle and top in this order im kind of screwed up with the actual state of the game

Glutting

10-07-2012

I'll pick jungle over support any day.

Irate Pirate

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
I didn't say she wasn't tanky, I meant that she was an exception as she's a decent jungle with almost no CC (the ultimate dragon barely counts as CC).
Shyvana saw a surge in competitive play when orianna/lulu was seen to be effective.

Axzarious

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehPumpkin View Post
So what you're saying is you build a Lee sin with HoG+wriggles and then go into tank items? Also "top 3".. 5 people, 2 are Jungler/Support. Who are you outfarming GOLD-wise?(this isn't about Creepscore, remember, because jungle creepscore is 1/3rd of normal creepscore). You will -always- be in top4.. I'm more concerned that you're just being a farm-monster in lategame to make up for early game BS?

When is the last time you did a carry jungler with frozen mallet, IE, PD combo?

Usually on par with, or just under the carry. As for items? It depends on the jungler. I have been using a lot of Kha'zix recently and often go Wriggles, Boots, Phage, trinity (Sometimes a maw first instead). My other main junglers are Riven and Jax... riven is often built far tankier than Jax who I just go all out offence with. I only PD if I am using Fiora, Nocturn, or Yi... But they often see an IE as well - or a bloodthirster.

Bittlez

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axzarious View Post
Usually on par with, or just under the carry. As for items? It depends on the jungler. I have been using a lot of Kha'zix recently and often go Wriggles, Boots, Phage, trinity (Sometimes a maw first instead). My other main junglers are Riven and Jax... riven is often built far tankier than Jax who I just go all out offence with. I only PD if I am using Fiora, Nocturn, or Yi... But they often see an IE as well - or a bloodthirster.
Do you not feel handicapped trying these builds? I'm speaking of ranked where it's not just a straight pubstomp.

The enemy skarner will have oracles and m5's taking out wards, trying to counterjungle you, etc.. Scales 100% better then these carries and with minimal items...?

Syntaxs

10-08-2012

Wierd, every single jungle game in my match history I ended up with having more gold than anyone else....
Guess those junglers farm bad... It's bs, sorry but it's true.
And Jungler certainly are game deciding as there is always a way to gank a lane, which means she
can snowball.

Bittlez

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntaxs View Post
Wierd, every single jungle game in my match history I ended up with having more gold than anyone else....
Guess those junglers farm bad... It's bs, sorry but it's true.
And Jungler certainly are game deciding as there is always a way to gank a lane, which means she
can snowball.
Calling you out on this bs.

Okabe1 048596

10-08-2012

this isn't a problem, imo.

i see nothing wrong with the typical team consisting of two players whose job is to enable the other three.

@Syntaxs - the jungler out-farming laners does point to a jungler who is decent at farming, but it also points to laners who are bad at farming

Bittlez

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ06 View Post
this isn't a problem, imo.

i see nothing wrong with the typical team consisting of two players whose job is to enable the other three.
I'm -really- sorry you feel this way. I personally am an oldshcool player from beta days(King Rammus, Judgement Kayle, etc) and I'm leaning more and more to just waving a hand at the money I've invested and the enjoyment I used to have in this game since my #1 favorite role has been reduced to the same area as a support(Which are a whole nother subject about the massive nerfs on them making them wardbots/ccbots).

I mean what kind of game gives you a camp of jungle monsters and makes 3/4ths of them give 5gold? It feels excessively cruel considering all of the other popular MOBA games still have a very fun and entertaining jungle that is more emphasized on pushers/killers/-some- supportish types.

Jungle used to be amazingly fun and felt worthwhile. Now it's boring, I'm 100% sure boredom is not something Riot intends nor did they intend to push out several champions that were infact DESIGNED to jungle but are now reduced to top lane or no lane. And of the junglers that still are played they are no longer the fun killers or lane pushers with map control.. but now these tanky "I'm a meat shield hurr hurr derp" excuses of junglers.

When you use the term "Jungler" you should immediately think of a hunter, a stalker, someone who knows the woods and hunts their food. Not some giant ogre that just runs around going "I grab you, but I no hurt you.. i put you over here for my friends to eat you".