SOLUTION to honour trading.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evulpix

10-08-2012

So this is just an idea:

Why don't they make it so that if a player is premade with a certain player, the honour option isn't available to them. Most honour trades are happening between friends right? Premades etc. I think this would minimize honour trading and Riot should really consider it. Players begging for honours from other players in chat etc should just get reported (spamming).

By honour option not being available, I only mean it in between the two premades.So example:

Player A and Player B are premade. They do not have the honour option after games for each other. Player A can't honour Player B, and Player B can't honour A.

However, Player C, D and E, are not premade with player A and B. Player A and B can both give honours to Players C, D and E and the opposing team.

Discuss?

Twaught

10-08-2012

But what if the player actually deserved honor?

Azerohiro

10-08-2012

What if both teams are 5v5 premade? Completely lock out honor?

Evulpix

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twaught View Post
But what if the player actually deserved honor?
While you can argue that the player in the given situation could have deserved it, however I think honours should be reserved for players outside your buddy list. I think all my buddies deserve honours. I have nice friends etc. So I could give them an honour every time I play with them, and they could give me one back. I could legitimately say they deserve it. However that makes the honour system pointless, since we are trying to promote better behaviour. If players can simply trade honours with friends, what would be the point of the system at all.

Evulpix

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerohiro View Post
What if both teams are 5v5 premade? Completely lock out honor?
In this case, both teams would still be able to honour each other. As in the "honourable opponent" option that is.

Evulpix

10-08-2012

Bump.

Everlasting

10-08-2012

I donno I feel like I deserve Honor from every player cuz I am so honorable

Vectros

10-08-2012

Riot already covered this. You gain FAR less honour from premades than from randoms-and if you manage to get honored by the enemy when you're premade, you get bonus honor. This means that if your friends spam honor you, they will end up not giving much honor out, and will run dry...and you'll have little gain. Meanwhile, if enemies honor you, you'll gain a lot.

Also they have some stuff in place to detect when someone is spam-honoring friends.

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I've had my friends do some very excellent plays that I want to reward them with the "Teamwork" little thumbs up. it's not every game, but every few games this may happen. I would like the honor among friends to stay. I believe that they have safeguards in place to prevent most of the blatantly obvious abuse ones.

Evulpix

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectros View Post
Riot already covered this. You gain FAR less honour from premades than from randoms-and if you manage to get honored by the enemy when you're premade, you get bonus honor. This means that if your friends spam honor you, they will end up not giving much honor out, and will run dry...and you'll have little gain. Meanwhile, if enemies honor you, you'll gain a lot.

Also they have some stuff in place to detect when someone is spam-honoring friends.

I know plenty of people who are spam honouring friends atm. What happens to them? Can I report this? What is the penalty.