Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zack Brownicus

10-07-2012

Riot can manipulate upvotes and poll votes. just saying.

Pulsethefire

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garviel Lokken View Post
The mini-map part you are half assing as it was VERY evident to anyone with a brain.

Why you didn't just put them in a booth or simply block off the side closest to the middle of the stage I guess no one will know.

Every time something happens Riot as a whole tries to downplay it all.

Good job on having entertaining casters.
Some people just don't know when to stop throwing flaming torches...

We've all been disappointed and Riot's staff probably way more than any of us...
RedBeard had the balls to come here to make things clear while also apologizing for the mess, there is no need to keep dissing even more **** on top of that. They are well aware of their mistakes and it's obviously certain that it won't happen again, just drop the fork and show a little bit of decency, geez...

LoRDRoast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I know that internet issues happen to everybody, and it's understandable that it could happen during the world championships. One thing I can't believe you guys did was have the entire thing OUTDOORS. I went with my brother to a Halo 2 tournament (looooong time ago) that was outside, it was a terrible experience for everybody, it was hot, cold, rainy, all-in-all bull****. I just want to know why you guys decided to make indoor PC gamers play outside and if you will ever try it again? It hardly seems like the proper environment for such high level play to be done at.

RivalForever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

So is Azubu Frost and TSM rematching ?

Pro Gamer Boobs

10-08-2012

Glad you guys made a thread about this.

Mistakes happen, I'm just glad Riot's willing to take the initiative to address it. +1

Zetasphere

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iConvalescence View Post
Glad you guys made a thread about this.

Mistakes happen, I'm just glad Riot's willing to take the initiative to address it. +1
There should not have been any mistakes to address. Every issue could have easily been preempted with proper planning. I'm happy they apologized, but it's to save face.

Anonymous Josh

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetasphere View Post
There should not have been any mistakes to address. Every issue could have easily been preempted with proper planning. I'm happy they apologized, but it's to save face.
You think a power outage can be prevented? You think networking issues that they weren't in real control over could be prevented?

I suppose you must be... Like... The CEO of "Plan-it-All" or something.

aahdin

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
You think a power outage can be prevented? You think networking issues that they weren't in real control over could be prevented?

I suppose you must be... Like... The CEO of "Plan-it-All" or something.
Dota saves the game every minute or so, I think for big lan events they were saving it every 10 or 15 seconds. Even in the case of an earthquake and the building collapsing as long as the data was still backed up they could remake the game right from where it left off.

Anonymous Josh

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahdin View Post
Dota saves the game every minute or so, I think for big lan events they were saving it every 10 or 15 seconds. Even in the case of an earthquake and the building collapsing as long as the data was still backed up they could remake the game right from where it left off.
I'ma surprise you on this one: League of Legends =/= DotA, even though they are both Mobas. If it was as easy as pressing a button to implement a feature, I'd agree with you. But, since it's not, I must disagree and smile.

Spikrit

10-08-2012

@RedBeard
Thanks for the info. It's nice to keep us in touch of what's happening behind the scene.
Can you develop a bit on this : How come that you (Riot) didn't think about (ALL) the possible problems with going online games? What was the idea(s) which led to choose online and not offline? I really can't see any good reason to go online.

I think you had time to decide and prepare for both and seeing all the huge work you did to prepare the event, i'm like "Wtf? That's the only thing they didn't prepare or what?"

Btw, i was disapointed too but still had an epic awesome week-end and stayed up really late for all of you (EU here). Good luck and i hope you solve all the problems fast.