Regarding cheating accusations... Whatever happened to...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doc Zenith

10-07-2012

Innocent until proven guilty?

On one hand some are in favor of justice, in the other, they ignore the right to due process.
I'm not big on spouting out about "my rights" and that is generally because my rights so often are simply moral guidelines, up for individual interpretation. However, most of us have the legal right to due process.

We can voice our opinions, that's often a legal right, too. However, I find there is an inherent flaw in saying "these people are cheats" before Riot has decided so. I know not all nations share this value of 'you are innocent until proven guilty by due process'... But on these forums, we're not all American.. or British... or Aussies - yet we abide by the rules which govern Riot games.

Let's show the Chinese, the Korean... the Taiwanese communities.. what it means to be a member of a Just society
- and we can start by giving them this basic right.

Layorz

10-07-2012

Quote:
And how are you proven guilty? Evidence... There's plenty of it around the forums.

tenrel

10-07-2012

red lines in microsoft paint happened.

ObscureClockwork

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layorz View Post
And how are you proven guilty? Evidence... There's plenty of it around the forums.
but not just any evidence
to convict someone, you have to prove beyond doubt.
and who is the judge? riot...

and they have other rights too, they have a right to defend themselves, something that hasn't been expressed yet.

its called proven guilty, not "we are pretty sure they are" guilty

Kelzare

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
to convict someone, you have to prove beyond doubt.

and they have other rights too, they have a right to defend themselves, something that hasn't been expressed yet.

its called proven guilty, not "we are pretty sure they are" guilty
It just happened to be a coincidence that he looked up at the minimap then pinged darkness on exactly where they were, while at the same time having their Jungler rush straight to enemy wraiths without checking anything.

Who is Sexy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

In USA, you are Guilty unless proven otherwise

with momoiroUME

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Zenith View Post

expect there are multiple pictures, and the whole game is online to watch where they cheated. I gave them the benifit of the doubt till I saw it myself and judged

Layorz

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
Any relevant evidence.
Quote:
Riot are not impartial. It is not in their best interest to admit the cheating happened after they've cleared it already and stated several times they believe nothing bad happened.

Quote:
Haven't some players involved admitted it? And you are mistaking a right to defend themselves with a right to remain silent. A suspect does not need to actually defend themselves to be charged; if a thief never speaks and never defends himself and rejects all charges, he can still be put away for theft.

Pyrite Illusion

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layorz View Post
In european justice systems you need to prove your innocence its that way in much of asia as well. Australia, Canada, USA and UK are somewhat unique in their justice system realtive to the rest of the world. But don't try explaining that to an American.

ObscureClockwork

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzare View Post
It just happened to be a coincidence that he looked up at the minimap then pinged darkness on exactly where they were, while at the same time having their Jungler rush straight to enemy wraiths without checking anything.
if i was on google maps, and said there would be a robbery in this walmart, and there is a robbery there 5 hours later, am i part of the robbers?

and last i checked, that game was invalid. it was restarted due to concerns of screen looking