@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRelicOfOwls

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Meh, shut the hell up, old Soraka was ugly as hell and if you're disappoint they didn't keep her ugly face allow me to laugh at you.
no need to be rude man, you could have just said you didn't like it personally...

I rather enjoy the new Soraka, not only in model but the art still keeps the elegance of her, though I agree alot of age seemed to be sliced off the face for whatever reason, taking away from the wise look. Other than that I love it.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetOwned247 View Post
LOL

Varus is like Justin Bieber? Dude looks like he benches at least 3 times a week, Beiber looks like a scrawny rail. Just sayin

As far as sexy male characters go, you don't even need to make them wear a bikini or something, look at this guy:
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs6/PRE/i..._Lovers_fc.jpg

Girls go nuts, and all they see is his chest. For guys you generally just gotta make them fit and at the most show off their abs or something, it tends to do the trick. As far as female champions go, it would be nice to have more variety in body types. That doesn't have to mean "ugly for the sake of being ugly" type champions either. Look at She-Hulk, she's both very attractive and ripped at the same time as an example.
As I stated clearly earlier... Your taste is much wider when it comes to men. We don't care as long as women are not fat. Which is what I was trying to say.

Omegafilter

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Also, I'm actually completely with you in that I think it's silly that Tryn is from the frozen wastes and he's sans shirt. I think even that Ashe is wearing thigh-highs is a bit silly. But, I am in no way going to go back and nuke what has become iconic and cool.
But isn't this being a little to um realistic most of the characters have magical properties etc example of tryndamere maybe going through the frozen wastes shirtless helped him hone in his ult?

Darth Koopa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

Also, I found this blog post referring to Sejuani and (I am assuming?) Riot's feelings about female champions. Do you all still have this sentiment? (Plus it is a really good post that goes beyond feminism and more into why Sejuani and designs like her ultimately fail.)
Anybody else think the first picture under the style section looks like Ezreal in armor?

L2 Sentinel

10-07-2012

Quote:
This just in:

My art director just sent an email to the entire art team about female diversity because he's watching this thread, and told me so on twitter.. which amuses me greatly..

Am I doing ok here?
I'm flattered and excited, and I can't thank you guys enough for taking this whole thing seriously. I was certain I was going to get downvoted to hell before this caught anyone's eye. While I have been dismissed and personally attacked in this thread, overall this community is amazing, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
43 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
This just in:

My art director just sent an email to the entire art team about female diversity because he's watching this thread, and told me so on twitter.. which amuses me greatly..

Am I doing ok here?
Quoting myself.. el oh el..

By the by, my art director mains Miss Fortune and I main Leona. We get along swimmingly.

VARIETY!

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:

By the by, my art director mains Miss Fortune and I main Leona. We get along swimmingly.

VARIETY!
I'd say you're.. STUNNING HIM
WAHAHAHAHHA
ok i'll shut up

chumbler

10-07-2012

Quote:

VARIETY!
That's fantastic to hear. Please thank him for me at least. It's still fantastic to see this issue being taken seriously.

Also MF+Leona is a good pair because her E hits so frequently you practically can't miss Leona passive procs. It's still a terrible skill and I still hate Leona's passive and how badly it restricts her in roles she can play, but that's not relevant to this thread.

lemonchief

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
I'd say you're.. STUNNING HIM
WAHAHAHAHHA
ok i'll shut up
I bet that pun really made it rain on his parade.

Also +1 to Stylus and OP. Thanks to both of you.

Psaion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Are there any more champions like Varus in development? He gets brought up often enough in conversations like this, as does the lack of sexualization of men, but that part of the subject is often dropped after being mentioned. I really like Varus' design!