@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Old Dirty Teemo

10-07-2012

Bye bye.

TheRelicOfOwls

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dirty Teemo View Post
It;s all good.

dude...... chill.

EDIT: he fixed his post, right on!

ViashinoWizard

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Because in my opinion Sejuani looks genuinely out of place. If I can so easily go into her splash art and change a) the color of her horn, hair, pig, and flail b) put her in a desert and she can be right at home, we've fallen short.

Also, I'm actually completely with you in that I think it's silly that Tryn is from the frozen wastes and he's sans shirt. I think even that Ashe is wearing thigh-highs is a bit silly. But, I am in no way going to go back and nuke what has become iconic and cool.

Regardless of that practicality, they're iconic. I think Sejuani is what I spoke about before. An easy solution which could have been more clever.
I'm pretty sure Nunu is the only Freljordian champion who wears climate-appropriate clothing.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Whoa there. Muscles are pretty close to what women see in men as men see boobs in women.........assuming I worded that right. :/

That's the problem with the OP. He doesn't consider a lot of sexualized males as sexualized just because they're not sexualized to him. Look at covers of all those "bodice-ripper" erotic novels middle-aged women loves reading so much. They often show Conan-like men. And trust me....while personality is important in everybody, chances are, if a woman is hot enough, personality can be thrown right out the window for most men nowadays. Some might be turned off by incredibly shallow "Legally-Blonde" type characters, but in general, an attractive figure holds a lot of weight for a lot of men in this day and age.
This could be said about women too you sexist scum.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmejenkins View Post
pretty much nailed it right there, i guess the whole personality thing works too but, be honest, unless it was a seriously annoying personality trait, the majority of men are probably going to get over it if they find her really attractive at the age of 20-35, after that i think personality jumps up in terms of importance by a ton.
So much biased trash talk.
What have media done with you.

Shaella

10-07-2012

Short people got
no reason
short people got
NO REASON

Morphine

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSuzu View Post
Names
Fun facts - Lux's full name is Luxanna, Vayne's first name is Shauna, and LeBlanc's first name is Emilia. That said, we can probably all agree that the feminine -a ending is really inconsequential.

PS: Hi IronStylus! Hanging with you the other day was super cool!

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudieken View Post
I'm gonna have to call you out on this one, parrot. The new Soraka art really upset me the first time I saw her. She looks NOTHING like the old Soraka. To me, the new one is just really "bleh".

Don't get me wrong, the model, the animations, the particles, etc. are all top-notch.

I just feel like her facial features just aren't as distinguished at all, really. I used to be able to picture her as having a lot of wisdom, and having a nurturing, warm personality just from looking at her splash and hearing her voice.

She looks like a teenager now. That's all I really have to say. I don't get that vibe anymore. She's just...there.
Meh, shut the hell up, old Soraka was ugly as hell and if you're disappoint they didn't keep her ugly face allow me to laugh at you.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Because in my opinion Sejuani looks genuinely out of place. If I can so easily go into her splash art and change a) the color of her horn, hair, pig, and flail b) put her in a desert and she can be right at home, we've fallen short.

Also, I'm actually completely with you in that I think it's silly that Tryn is from the frozen wastes and he's sans shirt. I think even that Ashe is wearing thigh-highs is a bit silly. But, I am in no way going to go back and nuke what has become iconic and cool.

Regardless of that practicality, they're iconic. I think Sejuani is what I spoke about before. An easy solution which could have been more clever.
Neat, IronStylus posted right below me, but I do have an actual point to make here

I mostly agree on ashe, but really take out the thigh highs and give her pants and she's perfect, cloaks are pretty warm so I'm not going to nitpick her.

I'm fine with tryn not wearing a shirt, it fits his archetype and there's always been the archetype of the naked barbarian from the frozen north. (Granted they usually don't go quite that far and give them fur to wear but it still fits, because we've always been mixing berserks with woad warriors) And that's why I feel bad about Sejauni, I think your idea of recoloring her woks, but honestly if she had a slightly different body type she'd work as is.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
42 of 61 Riot Posts

This just in:

My art director just sent an email to the entire art team about female diversity because he's watching this thread, and told me so on twitter.. which amuses me greatly..

Am I doing ok here?