Buffing the sunfire cape

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreakinEpic808

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegitBowl View Post
Amumu, Garen, Hecarim, Irelia, Jarvan, Lee Sin, Malphite, Maokai, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Nautilus, Nunu, Rammus, Renekton, Rumble, Sejuani, Shen, Shyvana, Skarner, Udyr, Volibear, Warwick and Wukong are all champions that commonly use a Sunfire Cape.

That's 23/104 champions.
Perhaps I shouldn't even reply on the forums anymore because people would rather try to prove me wrong than give relevant suggestions or feedback. These champions can buy sunfire cape but don't because pros don't. I see Frozen Hearts or randuins instead of sunfire for a reason. Mostly only free to cast champs buy sunfire and even then its rare.

axesandspears

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneUnleashed View Post
Perhaps I shouldn't even reply on the forums anymore because people would rather try to prove me wrong than give relevant suggestions or feedback. These champions can buy sunfire cape but don't because pros don't. I see Frozen Hearts or randuins instead of sunfire for a reason. Mostly only free to cast champs buy sunfire and even then its rare.
1. League of Legends is a relatively low-skill game; therefore, the "pro-level" is hardly relevant. Anyone can get there if he/she can form a team that communicates well, and practices/studies often enough. Players continue to make mistakes even at the "pro-level".

2. Randuin's Omen and Frozen Heart are better for utility. Since players using tanks and bruisers are often looking for utility over damage, it makes sense that they would often take Randuin's Omen and Frozen Heart over Sunfire Cape. This doesn't mean that Sunfire Cape is "bad" or "underpowered"; the players are just looking for something that Sunfire Cape does not have.
It is alright for a bruiser or tank to focus on utility over damage in the early game. That is what those players are doing. If they need more damage later, they can finish Sunfire Cape later. Sunfire Cape is often my fifth item on Malphite.

Sunfire Cape does not need a buff.

Lythyum

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneUnleashed View Post
Ok so nobody buys sunfire cape anymore and here's why:
You pay 800 gold for only the passive, not extra stats.
The passive attracts tower and monster agro(critical in many cases, cant be rushed before tower is down on top lane champions because the enemy will walk to them under tower)

Fixes: first of all give it better stats, I propose AT LEAST 50 armor and 550 health.
Then make the active a toggle so you can turn it off near baron or under towers.
Problem solved.
As of right now the only champion i ever buy sunfire cape for is garen because of the synergy, they're made for each other.

EDIT: the main resistance to a buff is the "extra item slot". But come on, how many items DONT give that? when you buy trinity force you save 2 item slots for only 375 gold, randuins is 3 for 600? we have to account the passive which just isn't worth 800 gold
I agree with making the passive toggle, the stat changes are questionable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderBoy55 View Post
I find it's lack of scaling a problem too. 40 dps is nice early game but falls off hard.
It's not a dps item... It's a tank item with the added bonus of AOE dps. This item is for tanks and tanky dps, and it allows them to be more tanky while also giving them that little added bonus of damage. The fact that it is AOE makes it good for team fights since the tank should be right in the mix of the fight.

NecroCryptic

10-10-2012

make it not unique like it was before

or

make the damage scale

Pyr0n1c

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Giants belt instead of ruby?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroCryptic View Post
make it not unique like it was before
No; that change was made because, even if there were weaknesses to stacking Sunfire, you still had a very tough opponent to deal with. And what if they subbed one of the Sunfires for a FoN?

4 Sunfires, 1 FoN, whatever boots, and they are literally the most dangerous opponent on their team because you can't kill them, but they can kill you very quickly (particularly if they're Garen/Amumu).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroCryptic View Post
make the damage scale
No again. We've already pointed out that Sunfire's damage output is sufficient (and if you don't believe me, name for me an item/combine that costs 800 gold and increases your DPS per 5 seconds by 200, as well as your lifespan by +50%?)

FrankSquirel

12-16-2012

Sunfire cape apparently stacks with itself.

This means if every champion on one team gets 6 sunfire capes,
30 capes * 40 dps = 1200 dps.

Assuming you hit every champ,
1200 dps * 5 champions = 6000 dps.

Sunfire cape needs buff?

Gailie

12-16-2012

The only good suggestions I have seen here is the toggle and maybe a very MINOR defense stat buff. But that is it.

DuhSwag

12-16-2012

The toggle is a definite need but considering alot people do use Sunfire mainly for a mid-game advantage lower price should be an option, but not too low because alot of people do use Sunfire to do early barons..

Dzanio

12-16-2012

You grab this item on tanks, you want it on under tower so that you grab aggro and your squishy isn't taking tower shots. Alternatively you grab the item to split push, and if you're in an extended 1v1 dive, you're doing it wrong.

The damage is actually pretty high considering it's static (note that tibbers only does 35 + 0.2 AP scaling dps as an ultimate), and has a large aoe.

They have released a number of good HP/armor items recently, but those items are aimed more for short duration cc--people who are in team fights, not split pushing.