Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meth Addict

10-07-2012

Hey, I just wanted to ask whether it will ever be changed so that friendlies can see the honorable opponent badge. I earnt one today, but I never get to see it .

sg Aether

Recruiter

10-07-2012

Just to put this out there, alot of players may seem freindly but thats if there winning. A player that seems nice could turn out to be a total jerk if there on the lossing end of a battle.

ebolla

10-07-2012

I think a good thing to have as a reward would maybe be a special skin for a character and maybe a new little portrait or something.

TreemeisterLOL

10-07-2012

they should put in awards for ppl with a lot of honor, like honorable skins or something. Maybe ppl wouldn't be such asses as they could get something good out of being cool.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-07-2012
71 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChaw View Post
if someone has earned multiple ribbons, which one shows? riot guy statuskwoh told me "Honestly, don't remember the specific priority order, however we ordered them and it shows the "most important" one."

can you give some specifics?
The harder the Crest is to get, the more priority it has.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012
72 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYank View Post
@Lyte,

How would the system interpret it if you meet a stranger in game, and then add him afterwards, but you both decided that the other was legitimately deserving of honouring? Would it treat them as if you had honoured a friend or a stranger?

Thanks,

DamnYank
The value of Honor exchanges is calculated using the context at the specific time of the exchange. So, if you were strangers in the game then added him as a friend afterwards, any Honor would 'count' as an exchange with a stranger.

Lyte

10-07-2012
73 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z32 View Post
Reposting: I feel like, conceptually, there's an inherent flaw in the new honor system riot introduced due to a lack of feedback for using or misusing honor.

In games I do well in, win or lose I usually get Honorable Opponent or Teamwork. In games I do poorly in, I rarely get honor of any kind, regardless of my teamwork or attitude. Without any sort of feedback system for attributing honor for the right reasons, it devolves into simply a system of rewarding players who are more skilled, or simply perform well, rather than rewarding positive and helpful attitudes.

Additionally, there's really nothing to discourage players from simply petitioning a bloated friendslist to farm honor and aggrandize their profile, which is entirely counterproductive to the goal of the honor system, since the kind of people who would go out of their way to beg for honor from their friends are usually not the same kind of people who enter a game with a positive and helpful mindset. Instead of being a way to reward summoners who are pleasant to play with or against, it devolves into a sort of popularity contest -the likes of which will alienate the player who would have otherwise benefited from the system- because they won't be interested in competing socially for meaningless accolades.

In other words, there needs to be a supportive system of rewards and penalties for using your honor appropriately. What that kind of system might entail I don't really know, but the current system will simply not work, and we'll definitely see a substantial breakdown if or when riot ever decides to attach direct rewards to the accrual of honor.
Have you taken a look at the FAQ on the website and all the measures we've taken to prevent stuff like trading or premade abuse?

Reiver

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The value of Honor exchanges is calculated using the context at the specific time of the exchange. So, if you were strangers in the game then added him as a friend afterwards, any Honor would 'count' as an exchange with a stranger.
Please tell me you have some way of identifying if people are un-friending each other to give honor, then refriending each other.

Lyte

10-07-2012
74 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H911Reiver View Post
Please tell me you have some way of identifying if people are un-friending each other to give honor, then refriending each other.
Of course. It's impossible to game the system through unfriending and friending strategies.

KevinDelMarr

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Of course. It's impossible to game the system through unfriending and friending strategies.
Wait, are you saying it can't be done? Because in 3 seconds I figured out how it's easily possible to unfriend, get in a game with that friend for honor, then to refriend.

Unless you're talking about how it's impossible to Con the system through honor giver recognition techniques you've employed.