KhaZix is stupid OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
One thing I'm noticing from a lot of the people complaining about 'Zix is they don't know he visually tells you when you're isolated or not, so you can know when you're take damage from his Q or WTFBBQALLTHEOPDAMAGE from his Q.

Learn the isolation bit, and the indications thereof and I think you'll find him significantly less frustrating.
This x100000000. I love Kha'Zix and I've found that a lot of players like to butt hug each other when I appear, which is definitely the right move to make.

It cuts his damage down IMMENSELY as his other skills don't do such substantial damage. Also, buy stealth reveal. It's super important because otherwise Dominion gives him the tools to spam his passive, which you DO NOT want.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degnared View Post
This is sort of the problem, actually. Yes, you can build him glass, and he will work like Rengar, but worse... OR, you can build him like an AD version of Kassadin, and he will be nearly as strong as Kass (without the hard CC). He has great base damage and great ratios, so you don't lose out on much by building him with Armor Penetration, CDR, and durability.

Edit: When I say, "great" I actually mean, "pretty stupid OP."

i guess Tear, Frozen Heart, Last whisper, MAnamune, then?

Harvester

10-07-2012

I think he is overpowered because...hang on, that's a terrible way to start off. I dislike facing him because in my experience he has terrifying damage late game even if he builds super tanky. He seems fairly weak early game, however he snowballs by simply doing decent in a long match.

Unstable Fury

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
One thing I'm noticing from a lot of the people complaining about 'Zix is they don't know he visually tells you when you're isolated or not, so you can know when you're take damage from his Q or WTFBBQALLTHEOPDAMAGE from his Q.

Learn the isolation bit, and the indications thereof and I think you'll find him significantly less frustrating.
He seems pretty frustrating down bot in Dom, though I don't know firsthand yet, seeing as how you're already isolated down there. Getting caught without minions nearby would proc Q's secondary no?

Phourc

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Fury View Post
He seems pretty frustrating down bot in Dom, though I don't know firsthand yet, seeing as how you're already isolated down there. Getting caught without minions nearby would proc Q's secondary no?
Honestly I don't think he's a very good bottom laner (disclaimer: I haven't tried it), as there's a lot of fighting around minion waves and that just hurts his damage so much, I don't see him winning any fights for the first while.

Yeah, if they fight you on the health relic or point you're going to get awesome damage (unless they're Malz or Yorick, who counter your Q by existing) but he's not a good farmer without a lot of points in his W and then his Q will get the bonus damage, but won't have the base damage. xP

TCWA Tigerbite

10-08-2012

Yeah, I didn't do so hot with him the couple games I took bot, but going top, he's such a beast. Plus, he's an amazing bot ganker being able to leap the wall :P

Risemix

10-08-2012

When I play Khazix, I love when I walk up to two squishies and they start running opposite directions.

Easy pickin'.

Degnared

10-08-2012

Yes, there is some counter play against Kha'zix. Crowd control is effective, as with any melee DPS champ (though less so against a KZ building some survivability, which he should). Clumping together works to stop some of his damage, but there are a few reasons that this is not foolproof. First, a 4v4 fight will have SOMEONE that is slightly isolated from their team, and his leap and ult give him all the tools he needs to get to them. Second, he can and should be ganking bot lane a lot.

And finally, and I think this is really underestimated: the game teaches you that clumping up is bad. You'd think that having Brand and KZ on the same team would be bad, because it's basically anti-synergy, but what you're actually doing is setting up a situation where you can take advantage of the counter-play to Brand or KZ, but not both.

I've played the mirror match (top lane) against Tigerbite with KZ three times so far, and it seems like we've settle on the same build (More tanky core: defensive boots, last whisper, frozen heart, hexdrinker. Less tanky core: CDR boots, brutalizer, LW, chain vest, hexdrinker). Regardless of the winning team, both KZ seem do well.