Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nintura

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3NDKILLER View Post
http://i.imgur.com/DaZ6X.jpg
Post for great justice?

Owait Redbeard just gonna ignore this.

Yes, these exact images can be found on your official riot twitch stream replay before anyone goes throwing out the word "shop"
So what youre saying is he looked at the minimap screen, then turned around and pinged the map correctly, all within 13 hundredths of a second? you do realize that is nearly the speed at which you blink.... more than likely, that was someone else pinging. Because what your image states is practically impossible.

TheChineseOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Don't forget to change the dates on the log in screen!

Prof Nekko

10-07-2012

Things were hectic that's for sure, and a lot of people were hurt, but thank you for the response. However I doubt fans will be satisfied with the apology unless a riot staffer issues one wearing a bear suit

Menis Ponster

10-07-2012

What has been seen and done cannot be unseen or undone...
sure its a slap on the wrist for the players who did/did not intentionally/unintentionally turned around during matches....but the fact is, as explained by reginald in his video, what was seen, whether by will or accident, cannot be undone, and AZF saw the TSM lv 1 strategy against them. What were they to do?? honorably take the throw and accept being first blooded and start badly?? or use the information they acquired to their advantage...
what would you guys do :/

Yamantaka

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintura View Post
So what youre saying is he looked at the minimap screen, then turned around and pinged the map correctly, all within 13 hundredths of a second? you do realize that is nearly the speed at which you blink.... more than likely, that was someone else pinging. Because what your image states is practically impossible.
13 seconds. hour:minute:seconds

nerfblademasters

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We are working on an offline LAN solution but it takes some time to spin up. That allows the players to be immune from internet connectivity for the most part.
A LAN mode would be the only thing that could convince me to take LoL seriously as an e-sport. Since Blizzard is too scared of piracy to make a lan for SC2, this would be a glorious victory for league of legends.

JefftheMagicGoat

10-07-2012

As far as an offline LAN goes, League is not designed like that ATM. There is no offline LAN mode in Riot's possession, or officially sanctioned. Everything is run from servers.

As far as TSM AF goes, I really wanted to see TSM win as well. Fact of the matter is, AF pulled some unfair acts, should be sanctioned for it, but still soundly defeated TSM throughout the game. If there can be evidence of them cheating further into the game, then punish them hard. But as of right now, they should see some S3 sanction of some form, and move on. All of TSM admit they did not play up to par in those games. I would still like to find out that AF was cheating more, though. TSM being brought back in would be amazing. Just not likely or called for, so complaining about it makes little difference.

Daminus

10-07-2012

Just for the lolz. Please make a day 3 recap.

MASSTADEN

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We are working on an offline LAN solution but it takes some time to spin up. That allows the players to be immune from internet connectivity for the most part.
"for the most part"

what exactly does that mean?

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I have to ask Redbeard, why are you guys refusing to use booths? These will completely remove ANY chance of cheating. They won't hear things, they won't see things, it just makes sense. I get you want the player interaction with the audience to be there, but why not just have them out of the booth PRE-game then, and have them set up before hand. This just makes way more sense instead of risking overhearing anything or sneaking peeks at the minimap.