Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-07-2012
10 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD Chry View Post
RedBeard -

Why is there no option for an Offline LAN or at least bring down a local server for the tournament client? That way at least if your internet circuit at the site goes out in the future all you'll lose is the stream...

edit: would also make DDOS situations impossible and there wouldn't be widespread accusations of that as well. BTW - I heard you used Time Warner - I can tell you from personal knowledge that their commercial network in LA is terrible.
We are working on an offline LAN solution but it takes some time to spin up. That allows the players to be immune from internet connectivity for the most part.

Pizzaplan3tman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Are you going to have the rematch be the same comp they tried to play before or is it going to be a whole new game, I.E Teams will have to draft and ban again.

ßubbletèa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

just a little suggestion.. the setup in dota 2 championship why not like that? O:

iainB85

10-07-2012

I appreciate the post, and I know things such as hardware failures are not 100% avoidable... but come on, when you guys setup the stage, players not being able to see the screens that reveal EVERYTHING without getting out of their chairs wasn't a consideration? This is just so stupid...

Eletale

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eladeus View Post
What about AZF pinging the minimap on TSM's location with 0 vision on an area you wouldn't normally ping? Is that not blatant cheating?
It says that the game was restarted. Unless TSM decided to re do the same tactic even thought they believed they were being spied, then it was a blind ping.

donkrx

10-07-2012

Riot - Personally I think you guys need to think harder about things that can go wrong so they are prevented, and dont happen in the first place. I mean most of what I've seen from you (Riot) is reactionary instead of preemptive and that's the root of it. Not to mention when you schedule a year-end event where people are flying into the city to watch a tournament on a specific day, having crippling problems like you did is just really frustrating to the people attending and costs them more money (time spent not working, or vacation days used, etc).

About the cheating in the TSM/Azubu game, my understanding was that Dyrus looked up during the pause to see what Azubu could see, while Azubu looked up during actual gameplay (at the start, to see where TSM was breaking out). I really dont think it would be fair to make Azubu and TSM replay the matches, but, I do think that there should be a zero tolerance, clearly defined policy on cheating.

What I would recommend is you impose a rule where any player caught screen-looking will be forced to serve a timeout penalty of X seconds. They will have to recall to base immediately and serve the penalty from there (this requires the tournament director to be able to pause the game, so they can declare the ruling and make the player return to base). Whatever you do though, please define things more clearly... and tell the public instead of making us hear it from someone on the forum.

Nintura

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrameRunner View Post
Yeah, why would he be reacting to a loud sound when they're wearing those helicopter pilot style soundproof headsets Riot said they were using
So what youre saying is he looked at the minimap screen, then turned around and pinged the map correctly, all within 13 hundredths of a second? you do realize that is nearly the speed at which you blink.... more than likely, that was someone else pinging. Because what your image states is practically impossible.

Psyclone Joker

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We are working on an offline LAN solution but it takes some time to spin up. That allows the players to be immune from internet connectivity for the most part.
You've had three years.

Games that came out a DECADE ago launched with this feature.

samuellbronko

10-07-2012

ok let's be specific with these AF accusations::

here's the original video from the start of the shot everyone is referring to - ko.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/33453*7601?t=5h32m41s

but watch from the exact same shot prior to the pause - ko.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/33453*7601?t=5h05m00s

you will notice in both videos that AF ping the same area, but before pause AF is NOT looking towards the screen

NOT CHEATING! case closed

Dabiya

10-07-2012

Honestly with everything that's transpired, Ezreal's question has clearly been answered.