@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeafDunn

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Thanks for that bookmark, super helpful, just like the whole conversation. Gunna get some bagels right now so I'll check it out in a bit.

Mmmm.. bagels. Everyone likes bagels. The best part about bagels?

VARIETY! =D
What kind of bagels if i may ask? I love the cheese ones! Also thanks for staying so positive, no matter what, you always make me laugh. so... /highfive!

now i need a bagel....

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
A lot of people love Maokai.

I personally think a straight-up monster naga Cassiopeia who looks like a freaking cursed lady from hell would be pretty badass. Her whole lore is about how hideous she's supposed to be, but they really stopped short of hideous. Not everyone's cup of tea, but she's far from scary and not exactly disqualified from her previous occupation of seductress.
I find her scary.

Sarkhon

10-07-2012

I think the biggest problem is that people think we're asking for "ugly" champions. That's not the case. I just want champions that aren't half naked and unreasonable... Do you really think some of these champions would be caught dead fighting in the armor they are wearing?

Also, the stripper style skins are... unnecessary in my opinion. Remember, we have children who are playing this game, some of them between 13-17, and I'm not so sure subjecting them to stripper Akali, Katarina, etc. etc. is really what I want for the youth of this world... we're making that "okay"... what does this tell young males and females about how girls should dress? I don't know, I just feel like the message that is being portrayed by these costumes is very much that men can have real jobs and women can be strippers.

Ha Alat Vaker

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaafGrohiik View Post
Wait a second - is this entire asinine argument seriously just a complaint about SPLASH ART POSES?!
No it is pointing out a problem in the art and character models of female characters in general.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaafGrohiik View Post
Wait a second - is this entire asinine argument seriously just a complaint about SPLASH ART POSES?!
At first it was body variety... Now it's posing.

L2 Sentinel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomajRT View Post
Stuff.
I'm sorry. I tried to be as objective as I could, and I know I failed in some areas. Pentakill Olaf was brought to my attention by my friend. She said she KNEW he was going to be used as a counterargument anytime a player beings up gender representation just like Tryndamere. And she's right. That night I logged in to see joke threads about Olaf making people feel bad about their bodies. The thing is, Olaf is not presented in a sexual fashion, and I will stand by my guns that he is not conventionally attractive. Gragas is morbidly obese, and there are fringe groups that are into that, but that doesn't mean I can honestly list him as a sexualized male champion.

Olaf and Tryndamere are also not conventionally attractive. Male beauty is not as defined as female beauty, and people's tastes tend to vary much more when it comes to men, but bodybuilders are usually never even brought up when people try to define the standard of male beauty. Personally, if you can have a career as a professional model, then we can talk about whether or not you are sexualized. Male models have a huge range of body types, but I have never seen a bodybuilder. That tells me that bodybuilding is just not sexy to a majority of people.

In either case. Neither Tryndamere nor Pentakill Olaf present themselves as a sexual conquest. Can people find them attractive? Sure! But do they look like they care? Not at all. Meanwhile, a vast majority of female champions seem to go out of their way to make sure people think they are sexy. It's all about presentation. Does that make sense?

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhon View Post
I think the biggest problem is that people think we're asking for "ugly" champions. That's not the case. I just want champions that aren't half naked and unreasonable... Do you really think some of these champions would be caught dead fighting in the armor they are wearing?

Also, the stripper style skins are... unnecessary in my opinion. Remember, we have children who are playing this game, some of them between 13-17, and I'm not so sure subjecting them to stripper Akali, Katarina, etc. etc. is really what I want for the youth of this world... we're making that "okay"... what does this tell young males and females about how girls should dress? I don't know, I just feel like the message that is being portrayed by these costumes is very much that men can have real jobs and women can be strippers.
You have them already... Leona, Riven, Irelia, Kayle, Diana, Vayne, Akali, Riven.

In my opinion we need more monsters.

Only Play Nid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

>_> attractive things to men -> large boobs, thin waist, general stuff like that. But you can't compare it to women because they don't value the same things. I'm 100000000% sure women are more concerned about your personality. Sadly, showing that in a picture is difficult and is done through the lore and through the champions voice, where as showing an attractive girl is much, much, much more easily done in a picture.

orc72

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
Karma has a decent kit but no one tries it out because:
Shes Ugly.
No, noone plays Karma because she doesn't fit in the meta. She is a late game support that needs farm to do well. She has to build AP and get to late game, then she has the potential to win games with her crazy strong heal.
The problem is she had to take solo top or mid from someone who can do more for the team then that.
To recap:
-She can't 0 cs support because a) her early game isnt that great and b) she needs alot of ap to be good.
-She can't solo top or mid cause she can't carry as hard as others.

EbonRat

Recruiter

10-07-2012

In my humble opinion, we need more rats.

Or Twitch buff.

'Cuz who DOESN'T love playing as a rat?!