@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

Senior Member

10-07-2012

IronStylus, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to humor me. I was shocked to see this thread had exploded overnight and there were 30 red posts. It's a fast moving thread, so my response to you got buried. It's on page 146 if you are interested.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...46142&page=146


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrcsMom

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
your mom needs to be de-uglified
god i'm bored
What did you say to me?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunxlinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
People keep counting Karma as a champion, but i've never heard of her
Karma has a decent kit but no one tries it out because:
Shes Ugly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsúpport

Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
Could be personal taste, sure. If you claim you don't even think Zyra is supposed to be sexy, or that you otherwise can't tell what motivated the model design of her vs Mao, then you're probably trolling, so whatever.
Nah, she looks like an evil plant girl and I'm really glad that they didn't make her similar to Maokai cause I don't want to vomit every loading screen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
Karma has a decent kit but no one tries it out because:
Shes Ugly.
No she's terrible and she's always been terrible


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcsMom View Post
What did you say to me?
Yeah you heard me!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SupahMonkiee

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcsMom View Post
@Rauhel You made some good points. I do agree there needs to be age differences increased in female champions. I do have to disagree with almost every other point you've made.

I have never been discriminated against. I have the name OrcsMom and I play with my son Orc72. I have not one single time in my 2,500 games played been discriminated against having this name or gender.

I also have to disagree with you on the champions you have listed has sexualized. You simply have not considered many male champions sexualized simply because you do not find them personally attractive. However any female with a bit of skin, curves, an ass shot. OR LORD HAVE MERCY. Breasts in their splash art and the entire male world is crashing around you forcing you to live the life as they see fit.

Seriously. If you can say Lee sin is shirtless and has muscles because hes a martial artist I can say Fiorra has curves because as a fencer she needs to have a sleek and mobile body.

I mean if you're going to say Tryndmere's cardboard box cut-out design is unattractive so hes not sexualized. Its really absurdly easy to counter-argue that Sona's Zeppelin size attractions will make anyone who isn't crazy about possible suffocation at night running in the opposite direction.

I could really go on. But you have had made too many points in this thread for me to go on without derailing it really.


The point the OP made about Fiora's design didn't attack her body type, but rather the pose that Riot saw fit to put her in. While a slender body would make sense for her since she is a fencer, why would Riot put her in a pose that is clearly meant to showcase this physique. Also, I made a comment to another poster about Tryndamere that I think is also vaild here: his new splash art makes it impossible to see anything but a a giant sword and perhaps a giant arm (but no one in their right mind is going to think "***" from just an arm).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dualtracker

Senior Member

10-07-2012

My biggest issue is why are men not being objectified. Ironstylus you seem to be talking alot about the female side of things but haven't clearly said your stance on why men are not objectified. We had Jayce/Varus who are more dashing in their looks and fir their niches but I think that isn't far enough. Why are there no more "sexy" men for people who like men. It's easy to say the player base is male blah blah but there hasnt been anything to attract people who like "good looking sexy men"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrcsMom

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Yeah you heard me!
Oh its on now. You thought a normal mom was an angry mom?
I'm a mom with the face and frame of an Orc.
You don't want to mess with this mom.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-07-2012
33 of 61 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
IronStylus, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to humor me. I was shocked to see this thread had exploded overnight and there were 30 red posts. It's a fast moving thread, so my response to you got buried. It's on page 146 if you are interested.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...46142&page=146
Thanks for that bookmark, super helpful, just like the whole conversation. Gunna get some bagels right now so I'll check it out in a bit.

Mmmm.. bagels. Everyone likes bagels. The best part about bagels?

VARIETY! =D