@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
At least these exaggerations have some connection to the power these champions possess and the nature of their skills. Kassadin being ripped doesn't necessarily make sense, though, since he's supposed to be void-infused. A spindly, half-immaterial look might've made more sense.

MF, Ahri, and Cass... at least lore-wise it makes sense for them to be seductive, or to at least try to be. (Though again, Cass is, lore-wise, supposed to be a hideous freak, but she's actually a sexy snake lady)
I ignored a lot of ripped male champions whose bodies are justified by lore. I also ignored obviously cartoony anatomy like Garen (that is, his anatomy makes sense for the style in which he's drawn, even though it's technically unrealistic). I even ignored Ryze because I'm tired of the mage = weakling stereotype and Ryze's lore is all about defying mage stereotypes. The guys I called out are the guys who aren't just ripped, but ridiculous. (Also Varus.)

Similarly, even though MF has justification from lore, her appearance goes WAY beyond what the lore justifies, because the lore does not justify the inhuman body shape she's contorted into. Ahri is...mostly okay as far as I'm concerned.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Fiora is contorting her body in a sexually suggestive way. She looks like she is a model in a photo shoot dressed up like a fencer. Lee Sin looks like an actual monk. That is the difference. It has nothing to do with how attractive they are, and everything to do with how they are presented.
What's a sexy pose a man can do?

You are ridiculous.

LeBlanc's pose is not that sexual, she's just standing there. Neither is Katarinas, she looks like she's about to hit someone.
You've lost the thread.

OrcsMom

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Fiora is contorting her body in a sexually suggestive way. She looks like she is a model in a photo shoot dressed up like a fencer. Lee Sin looks like an actual monk. That is the difference. It has nothing to do with how attractive they are, and everything to do with how they are presented.
No he doesn't. For one he still has hair on his head. For two. Most monks practice with weaponry rather then fists.

And really, if body movement is all you need for something sexually suggestive. Olaf pelvic thrusts every time he calls down a bolt of lightning from the sky. And Karthus just won't stop pelvic thrusting for his /dance routine.

Narogsun

10-07-2012

what is this no cloth is bad in females and ok in males?

mogonk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post

You are ridiculous.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8380400...0695/lightbox/

Almost every female champ is doing the equivalent of the above photo. They arech their backs beyond the possibilities of human anatomy to thrust out their breasts and their asses.

When the shirtless male champs are posing like the guy in that photo, we can talk.

Gunxlinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post

You are ridiculous.
Gangnam style elevator scene
But yea I really gotta know this little secret :O

StunnedandSlayed

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'm going to point out as a male player of this game, that I want to play attractive female characters... in armor... If we make a barbarian for example, whatever way we choose to make her look will be due to choices inherent to her design as a character, not to drive engagement with any specific group. The needs of the character are what counts. If the character appeals to you, congratulations. If it doesn't, congradulate aforementioned group who it happens to appeal to and indulge in the 100 other champions that may suit your fancy, or take a look at something upcoming which floats your boat.

There is no such effort to force ugly champions as we have decided and mentioned that we don't feel our traditionally "ugly" characters work on certain levels, but the past is the past. Our goal is to make the appropriate choices for a character driven by the goals that we establish early on, namely, again, what is best for the character in its context of theme, kit, etc. There is never an effort, nor an edict, nor an initiative to "de-uglify" or "up-uglify" our characters. They will be as "attractive", "sexy", "ugly", "monstrous", or whatever other subjective descriptors that exist as they need to be for their own unique cases.
So you are not going to mess with our old champ designs?

I'm all for new champs being released but i don't want my old ones tampered with.

dead robit

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
and the jack sparrow thing, which is going for a bad boy thing

Sexualized means emphasizing the sexual aspects of that person, and i don't see many male characters that do that
i guess i define sexualized differently. i define sexualized as using the common perception of sexy for appeal.

i.e jack sparrow. but perspectives are a wonderful thing ^.^

Swiftstar88

10-07-2012

My favorite females characters are Leona (Iron Solari skin), Riven (redeemed skin), and Shyvana (Ironscale skin). I do play others inevitably as my team needs, but as far as my favorite art and design, it's definitely those.

So I am all for the armored female champions, keep them coming!

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogonk View Post
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8380400...0695/lightbox/

Almost every female champ is doing the equivalent of the above photo. They arech their backs beyond the possibilities of human anatomy to thrust out their breasts and their asses.

When the shirtless male champs are posing like the guy in that photo, we can talk.
If they ever did that... People would be screaming gay all over.