@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
And I like all of those champions, but they're also far in the minority,

But my main problem remains with body types.
Not even in minority... Oh, I also forgot Shyvana and Akali.

Ensig

10-07-2012

Quote:
I mean like.. There's no built women. No super slim women.

Men's souls are weighed down by gravity
Troll on oh glorious troll....troll on!

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Not even in minority... Oh, I also forgot Shyvana and Akali.
>akali
not sexualized
cute

MTaur

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Hey, guys? Guys? Can we clear up just one thing here?

A lot of the male champions look stupid too. Kassadin's muscles aren't just ripped, they're WTF ridiculous. Tryndamere is a ****ing brick. Traditional Lee Sin has the same stupid upside-down pyramid torso that Tryndamere's old skin had. Varus is randomly naked down to where I'd expect his uppermost pubic hair to start showing through, if he still has any after what happened to him.

That doesn't mean the female champions don't have an issue with sexualization. It means BOTH genders have problems that should be fixed.

So can the feminists please stop arguing that the male skins have no significant problems? And can the Riot apologists please stop arguing that because male skins are also sexualized (debatable), that this somehow makes everything okay because both genders are equally badly portrayed?

Thanks.
At least these exaggerations have some connection to the power these champions possess and the nature of their skills. Kassadin being ripped doesn't necessarily make sense, though, since he's supposed to be void-infused. A spindly, half-immaterial look might've made more sense.

MF, Ahri, and Cass... at least lore-wise it makes sense for them to be seductive, or to at least try to be. (Though again, Cass is, lore-wise, supposed to be a hideous freak, but she's actually a sexy snake lady)

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
karma - So ugly no one plays her
shyvana - No hint of sexualization. Looks like a mutated human
soraka - Horn on her head. Looks like a teenager
Annie - I wouldnt 'do' her :/
Cassopia - Imagine a male champion who was a snake/ Would you count that as oversexualized. Not really.
Evelynn - Ugly Troll
leblanc - Mutated human demon
Morgana - Mutated human demon
Nidalee - Ugly
Syndra - Mutated human demon
This is really accurate.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
>akali
not sexualized
cute
Akali is not sexualized. According to you, everything with boobs is sexualized. I thought showing off cleavage was a very common.
And stfu u dumb hoe

StunnedandSlayed

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
At least these exaggerations have some connection to the power these champions possess and the nature of their skills. Kassadin being ripped doesn't necessarily make sense, though, since he's supposed to be void-infused. A spindly, half-immaterial look might've made more sense.

MF, Ahri, and Cass... at least lore-wise it makes sense for them to be seductive, or to at least try to be. (Though again, Cass is, lore-wise, supposed to be a hideous freak, but she's actually a sexy snake lady)
I don't find snakes sexy. There might be something wrong with you.

OrcsMom

10-07-2012

@Rauhel You made some good points. I do agree there needs to be age differences increased in female champions. I do have to disagree with almost every other point you've made.

I have never been discriminated against. I have the name OrcsMom and I play with my son Orc72. I have not one single time in my 2,500 games played been discriminated against having this name or gender.

I also have to disagree with you on the champions you have listed has sexualized. You simply have not considered many male champions sexualized simply because you do not find them personally attractive. However any female with a bit of skin, curves, an ass shot. OR LORD HAVE MERCY. Breasts in their splash art and the entire male world is crashing around you forcing you to live the life as they see fit.

Seriously. If you can say Lee sin is shirtless and has muscles because hes a martial artist I can say Fiorra has curves because as a fencer she needs to have a sleek and mobile body.

I mean if you're going to say Tryndmere's cardboard box cut-out design is unattractive so hes not sexualized. Its really absurdly easy to counter-argue that Sona's Zeppelin size attractions will make anyone who isn't crazy about possible suffocation at night running in the opposite direction.

I could really go on. But you have had made too many points in this thread for me to go on without derailing it really.

Emailsúpport

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcsMom View Post
@Rauhel You made some good points. I do agree there needs to be age differences increased in female champions. I do have to disagree with almost every other point you've made.

I have never been discriminated against. I have the name OrcsMom and I play with my son Orc72. I have not one single time in my 2,500 games played been discriminated against having this name or gender.

I also have to disagree with you on the champions you have listed has sexualized. You simply have not considered many male champions sexualized simply because you do not find them personally attractive. However any female with a bit of skin, curves, an ass shot. OR LORD HAVE MERCY. Breasts in their splash art and the entire male world is crashing around you forcing you to live the life as they see fit.

Seriously. If you can say Lee sin is shirtless and has muscles because hes a martial artist I can say Fiorra has curves because as a fencer she needs to have a sleek and mobile body.

I mean if you're going to say Tryndmere's cardboard box cut-out design is unattractive so hes not sexualized. Its really absurdly easy to counter-argue that Sona's Zeppelin size attractions will make anyone who isn't crazy about possible suffocation at night running in the opposite direction.

I could really go on. But you have had made too many points in this thread for me to go on without derailing it really.
Thanks for this great post, really accurate. You said everything I tried to say for the last couple of hours, however I am limited cause English is my second language.

Horasu

10-07-2012

Just dropping by with a couple question. Why is Tryndamere and Pentakill Olaf not sexualizing men? Why is Sejuani railed on for being half naked in the frozen wastes, but not Tryndamere? Why are half naked women "sexualized" but half naked men not? Without justifying any of this, to me, everything is just baseless complaining.

If you're saying "male champions aren't eye candy," or "naked men appeal to the male audience and not female audience" then I have two things to say. One, there are and will always be women who love the body types of our naked male champions. That in itself qualifies them as eyecandy. Second, my girlfriend goes gaga over Garen even though he's clothed, declaring him her "husbando."

So my point is, even if you don't THINK our buff, beefy male champions are sexualized, then other people will say they are because they are head over heels for them. Just like how some people are head over heels for our half naked female champions and some are not.