@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GaafGrohiik

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
Other than Varus, name one male champion presented in a way that draws attention to his body?
Dragonblade Talon. Dem arms.
Imperial Xin Zhao.
Pantheon and like 3 of his skins. Dem abs.
Tryn. Dem pecs.
Lee Sin. Dat entire ripped upper body.
Tango Twisted Fate. Dat sauce.

I think your whole argument is not only biased, it completely disregards the fact that women don't need to see half-naked men to find them attractive - but guys tend toward scantily clad females. Refer to my wall of text a few pages back for my full opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunxlinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
And are they presenting their bodies to try and get you into bed or piss your pants in fear?
Lol what do you think oversexualized men look like? Women?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsúpport

Member

10-07-2012

Cleavage equals sexualized right? And ****ty? Yeah?!?!?
It's not like girls showing cleavage is more common than shirtless guys, no not at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsúpport

Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunxlinger View Post
Lol what do you think oversexualized men look like? Women?
Many females nowadays seem to love female looking guys.
OP, just turn lesbian and continue your man hating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Many females nowadays seem to love female looking guys.
OP, just turn lesbian and continue your man hating.
dat bishouju


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emailsúpport

Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
dat bishouju
you ugly ****** you're still around


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SupahMonkiee

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emailsúpport View Post
Pantheon, Tryndamere, Kassadin
I disagree.

Tryndamere, especially in his new splash art, is concealed by his giant sword and all you can really see is his right arm. Pantheon has armor covering his chest and is not in a position that accentuates his physique. Kassadin is the only one of the 3 flaunting his bare naked chest, but keep in mind that he is extremely purple and does have tubes and horns adorning him, making him not so attractive and much less sexualized.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L2 Sentinel

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaafGrohiik View Post
Dragonblade Talon. Dem arms.
Imperial Xin Zhao.
Pantheon and like 3 of his skins. Dem abs.
Tryn. Dem pecs.
Lee Sin. Dat entire ripped upper body.
Tango Twisted Fate. Dat sauce.

I think your whole argument is not only biased, it completely disregards the fact that women don't need to see half-naked men to find them attractive - but guys tend toward scantily clad females. Refer to my wall of text a few pages back for my full opinion.
Being handsome =/= being sexualized. Unless you is posing is a way that is flirtatious, then his looks are completely secondary to his battle prowess. Tryndamere and Pantheon are trying to intimidate you, not seduce you. Twisted Fate isn't using his body at all. His charm is entirely based on his clothes and style, Lee Sin is the only one that you might have an argument for, but he still isn't actually posing in a sexual way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghost Story

Junior Member

10-07-2012

Like I said before.

Let the ladies have a over sexed male champion skin and see how well it sells.

If the skin sales well then they prove their point and Riot would be motivated to cater to this group of people.

If the skin dose not sale than the argument to have equality between male and female body types proves invalid because too few people are willing to put their money were their mouth is.

To me, I think the far bigger issue is one Riot has already been tackling and thats harassment in any form. Regardless of gender and their false reasons for doing so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorshikai View Post
some guys find girls that look like strippers attractive.
some girls find guys that look like spartan men attractive.

saying one is sexualized and the other is not is flat out contradictory.

its completely perspective based what makes your opinion or mine for that matter right for what is sexualized and what is not.

how about we let the artist create their work and we thank them for the free product we supply us.?
Are you seriously arguing that stripping, a profession that is ALL ABOUT sexualization and titillation, cannot be considered more sexualized than Spartan warriors? Because that's just flat-out ridiculous. Your retreat into subjectivity is entirely baseless.

This is not to say that Spartan warriors CANNOT be sexualized. If you want an example of that, look at Ruthless Pantheon in contrast to the default skin. It's entirely obvious what the difference is.

I'm not a fan of stripperriffic skins, but I can put up with the occasional obvious fanservice skin, and I'm willing to classify Ruthless Panth alongside Kitty Cat Kat and Battle Bunny Riven. It's the obvious difference in how sexualized the supposedly serious skins for female champions are that annoys me.