@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolibird

10-07-2012

Some of your examples were really bad, others were pretty logical. I'd like to point out that if there weren't any sexualized champions in the League, there wouldn't be as large of a playerbase.

For example, Bunnygirl Riven. I feel that this was a joke skin that still proved some merit. It was fan-made, and Riot implemented it because everyone wanted it to happen and the thread had 10000+ upvotes. Astronautilus and Pool Party Ziggs were also created through the playerbase. Some skins are just there to make us happy.

With other skins, some are also blatantly sexualized. I feel like the ratio of sexualized champions and skins to normal is just fine. You get skins like Miss Fortune's, but there's also Shyvana who is just one of those tough, i-can-handle-myself champions. She does not have any sexualized skins. Who says that males in this game aren't sexualized as well?

There aren't as many, but some males are like that in league as well. A lot of our human males have a ton of muscle, and some seem to have grown out of nowhere. Take Singed. He was your average mad scientist, then he got a skin that just looked like he had taken a bunch of steroids with his average drink of random ****.

tl;dr The ratio of sexualized to normal is fine. There should be more champions with "sexy" aspects than a fully-clothed girl, because this is, in fact, a game. Plus, 80% of the girls I talk to in real life wear those short shorts, which could be classified as sexualized, but they don't go around near topless either. I feel like only a few of the female champions are overdone, such as MF. I think Vayne is fine. I think Riven is fine,

Rhonin Greymane

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Iw no, darius is gross
battle bunny pantheon
Hell naw. Battle bunny Rengar.

Wait...

TheSlappySlap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

my question to you, if it bothers your friend so much, then why does she play? at all?

This community marginalizes everyone... not just women. People are a-holes on the forums and in-game because it's an immature community with complete anonymity. Whether it's being "gay", Asian, low-elo scrub, Bronze elo, "12 yr old kid", or a girl; it doesn't matter. Everyone here is treated terribly by the people who are terrible.

There is an ignore feature, so use it.

Also, who really cares about the sexuality of cartoons. Seriously? Who really cares?

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Another thread about this ****?

Anyone who is offended by champion design should just leave.
You are way too sensitive to be on the internet at all, let alone playing a competitive game.

Adding to this topic though, every female I know that plays games, especially the ones who play LoL, enjoy the female characters and their skins. Chicks love my Kitty Cat Katarina.

The real problem here, this topic is generalizing genders and making complaints that overly-sensitive people make.

dead robit

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Iw no, darius is gross
battle bunny pantheon
darius is one rugged motha ****** imagine either of their ult with a bunny hopping theme... pantheon ult bunny hop! a penta kill with battle bunny darius hopping on everyone..... riot all of my money take it please.

Lvl 8 Psyduck

10-07-2012

you forgot about mantheon skin

iDerp Solo

10-07-2012

Is this the place where we voice our support for blood and bones?

Actually, I would like to see an old hag, a fat lady (obviously an opera singer), and maybe even a lady who is missing a limb or an eye or something. Maybe a bald lady with tattoos and tons of piercings.

L2 Sentinel

10-07-2012

You know what one of the most common responses I get to this thread is? "Oh, not this **** again..." That means everything is NOT fine. It means there are enough disgruntled people out there making their voices heard that it gets tiring. So instead of dismissing them, and telling them that their opinions don't matter because you know a girl that hasn't complained, maybe you should stop and ask yourself why exactly you feel the need to marginalize them? Do you think they are asking for too much to have more variety? Do you think seeing a sexualized male champion will ruin your gaming experience? Why the hell does this even bother you?

Shaella

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauhel View Post
You know what one of the most common responses I get to this thread is? "Oh, not this **** again..." That means everything is NOT fine. It means there are enough disgruntled people out there making their voices heard that it gets tiring. So instead of dismissing them, and telling them that their opinions don't matter because you know a girl that hasn't complained, maybe you should stop and ask yourself why exactly you feel the need to marginalize them? Do you think they are asking for too much to have more variety? Do you think seeing a sexualized male champion will ruin your gaming experience? Why the hell does this even bother you?
>implying there aren't sexualized male champions

The problem is purely in the range of body types

Defnist47

10-07-2012

The whole female gamer thing, I would say it's not because they are female and we "white male gamers" are threatened by it, because they can act immature and all attention "*****-ish" saying "im a girl gamer play with me, carry me to platinum". Also, it depends on how someone acts towards the girl if they are immature themselves. I'm sure I passed many girl players but I never knew, and never cared. If they have a stupid name like "XxgirlgamerxX" is the only way I would know, because it would be weird to go in every game and announce "I'm a girl!"

The whole eyecandy point, seems silly to me. It would be few and rare for people to just sit on here, play a game they don't like and a character they don't like because they are hot. If they like the game and the character that's another thing but the eyecandy character alone shouldn't bring someone to this game ALONE.
I play a character because they are good in game or for the team. The only character I ever felt I was badass in game was Nautilus because he is a tall tanky mofo, then he got nerfed and i feel like its a tiny stick figure man inside and he dies easily :|

Although, this isn't riots fault. It's just how advertising and marketing is. Sexy women posted out on windows of stores, bra ads.. I may be missing some of your points and going off topic.
Riot could easily make eyecandy for women and stop over sexualizing female champs. Skins new champs, just regular things they do anyway just dont over sexualize and all that. But then again, wouldn't a skin splash showing a nice ass purchase better? Although personally, in game nothing is that big to see in detail so I don't care about a "hot" skin, and nothing is worth the $ for a splash imo.