Why is CertainlyT running the Bug Report forums?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Beard Guy

10-06-2012

Not an attack, just confused. He's a Champ Designer, right? I always thought that and Technical Computer stuff were separate.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

10-07-2012
1 of 3 Riot Posts

I'm not running this forum. I just tend to post more than the Rioters that are here more frequently.

infinite azure

10-07-2012

don't you think that could be better? I know people say the feedback is read, but some indication that the report was read would probably make players reporting bugs feel heard.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

10-07-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
don't you think that could be better? I know people say the feedback is read, but some indication that the report was read would probably make players reporting bugs feel heard.
We're working on how we respond to player feedback about bugs. We know this is an area that we've fallen short, and are looking to improve.

I don't know exactly how we can address this particular issue, but I'm very open to ideas.

Killrazor

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
We're working on how we respond to player feedback about bugs. We know this is an area that we've fallen short, and are looking to improve.

I don't know exactly how we can address this particular issue, but I'm very open to ideas.
Just make it so the thread has a Riot Fist or something in title, indicating it has been read and acknowledged. That way you do not actually need a Riot post in it. It will help the employees keep track of the posts, and will help players as well. When the bug has been squashed, just turn it into a check mark or something indicating the bug is fixed. By using something like this, it will help everybody out, as the players are more then willing to help report bugs.

Any post that has a Riot Fist in it, should then be moved to separate forum that only contain posts with a Riot Fist in it.

Just an idea

Riyshn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:

Maybe an impersonal account like you have for NOC and you were doing with the Ambassadors for a while? An account that could just go through with short replies along the lines of "Known bug" "Working as intended" "Thank you for reporting - confirmed" "Thank you for reporting - please provide repro. steps" and the likes.

Granistas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

A list of known bugs and status on them as a sticky would be nice.

Iglie

10-07-2012

It kinda feels like you guys are ignoring some of the bug reports on the Public Beta Enviroment.
I've provided a few bug reports but the only Riot posts you see there are praising people like vLemon for their bug reports.

EDIT: What i'm trying to say is that it would be good if some if the reports were acknowledged a bit more, but you guys are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

N49

10-07-2012

Quote:
Create a "Riot Approved" tag for posts(basically a "red" upvote).

Then just slap it on bug reports you read.

People will have a way to see a post was read/noticed, and it has other applications.

Tidus Spira

10-08-2012

Quote:

Once I was playing on a WoW private server, and they had a Bugtracker system implemented for the community. Everybody was able to post tickets and they could both be reviewed by the community and the staff.

In my opinion, this gives a lot of transparency and gives more organization than a forum provides.