@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logios View Post
Move to Palestine where people share your views on women showing skin.
i love straw men. they're easier to get along with than LoL users.

Discpled

10-07-2012

Bump for Granny Smith! By the way, this IS a female archetype.

Lupito

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
We actually had a ridiculously heavy armored version of the Dark Rider Sejuani, it was epic. I however was working on other stuff when that was getting worked on and somehow we ended up stripping off tons of armor. I have no idea why.

You can be harsh on the base Sejuani. I am! I've talked a whole lot about how I like it's concept but not it's context. Chick on giant pig in leather bikini? Cool, she must be from a wasteland where cow remnants are scant and ridable pigs prevelant. Chick on giant pig in leather bikini from the tundra? *record scratch* Yeah, I have a problem now. We did a cool concept and a cool character, but we needed to tie those together better and even push Sejuani's body type more barbaric. Hind-sight is 20/20 though. (Also I was pretty new then)

You'll never see heels on a female that I design, I cannot vouch for the rest of the team, though. There may be heels incoming, please don't hurt me!

as far as I know you designed leona and even tho she is looking just fine she is wearing heels :S

BabyFlesh YUMYUM

Senior Recruiter

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
My concern arises when "feminism" means ignoring an overall trend (League is built around visually pleasing, up to and including sexually suggestive champions) in favor of making an argument about one ***.

When you completely ignore an entire gender being treated the same way, you're being sexist. This **** isn't quantum physics.

Link me a definition of any word I've used incorrectly. Ignoring my points doesn't make you any less wrong.

SOLUTION FOUND
Then i have a solution that will make everyone happy and no one would be able to complain in the lore of each champion RIOT needs to write hermaphrodite so that EVERYONE IS EQUAL and change any mention of he and she to he/she so that the game remains the same and "feminist" cant complain because the over sexualization applies to both male and female

The Partisan

10-07-2012

I have been very impressed by this thread, and the contributions of Iron Stylus. Another thing I find disappointing is the number of female champions in certain positions. The number of female top laners and junglers is quite small, and while Irelia is my favorite and most played champion I would like more options.

Leona in particular feels to me to be a lost opportunity. Ignoring balance, I would love to be able to play Leona or other female champion s in a similar way to tanky champions like Irelia that can dish our a lot of pain and has lots of utility.

Rachel

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupito View Post
as far as I know you designed leona and even tho she is looking just fine she is wearing heels :S
IS stated that he won't be putting out heels on any champions to come.
Though he has defended leona's heels in previous threads

Bekkal

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFlesh YUMYUM View Post
SOLUTION FOUND
Then i have a solution that will make everyone happy and no one would be able to complain in the lore of each champion RIOT needs to write hermaphrodite so that EVERYONE IS EQUAL and change any mention of he and she to he/she so that the game remains the same and "feminist" cant complain because the over sexualization applies to both male and female

I'm much more fond of everyone being sexualized, since this specific war on sexualization is en entirely feminist concept that runs completely counter to what feminists should actually be pushing for.

It's an effort to be "taken seriously", and I understand and appreciate that. However, there are instances in which this doesn't belong. Feminists raging against *** workers is one common instance in the real world. Feminists arguing against sexy archetypes in a game in which both sexes are sexualized is an offshoot of the concept.

If you want equality, pursue equality, not puritanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
IS stated that he won't be putting out heels on any champions to come.
Though he has defended leona's heels in previous threads
This was a good "win" for people offended by gender issues. Heels don't belong with most armor. I feel IronStylus defended it well in a single instance, and I personally feel they work with Eve, but they should never be on another female champ without good reason IMO. This was an appropriate and necessary discussion.

The current discussion doesn't meet this standards bar though.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

IronStylus.. the only one who cares and unfortunately he doesn't have the power to make big changes.

See a sunbathing Leona skin would be cute, and it'd make sense... it's not a pointless stripper outfit. Hell if Officer Caitlyn had been a halloween skin or something I'd have forgiven that too. Context is important.

I don't think male characters have to be naked to be sexy. Some of the sexiest male champs are fully clothed. I think Rugged Garen and Hobo Talon are both pretty popular. It's all in the eyes man. Actually default Talon could have looked amazing but they gave him a weird purple outfit instead of some black rogue-like clothes idk,... seems like a missed opportunity.

Does Riot not have any female artists? Or do they just have ****taste? It seems like the male artists can't handle female anatomy though so idek what could be done. New Lux, Morgana, MF, and Soraka splashes have no ribcages or spines... They're all twisted to show T&A and they're so skinny where their ribs should be... it's fine to have some champions really skinny but maybe give them smaller breasts too, and SHOW THE GODDAMNED RIBCAGE outline you should be able to see it on a skinny woman ;/

Gallant Spike

10-07-2012

There should be an old female champion, props to the OP for making a valid point.

mParfait

10-07-2012

Although I support your post, you sort of ignored jayce and garen... if you know what i mean...

There is an issue with the cleavage in this game.. There's nothing wrong with big breasts, like there is nothing wrong with Jayce, Garen, or Varus.. However there has to be a female Gragas in there to make this even. Either make everybody attractive, make everybody unattractive, or make it distributed within each gender.