Why I don't blame any team for cheating...but the stage-builders.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirodir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I think we all know that some teams cheated during their games. I'm not gonna use any teamname or name any player and I hope everyone responding can keep names out aswell.

If anyone figures out that there are moments you can look at the full minimap without getting scolded then they will abuse it.

The moment you realize this you'll start to think: "Oh, the enemy team might be doing this for a while already. You start to think that one or the other move they pulled off they only did because they knew your positions (might be true, might be luck) and you start to cheat aswell. You don't want to be the idiot-team who doesn't abuse the ability to check enemy positions when the other team already abuses it the whole time. The only way NOT to cheat after figuring it out makes you feel like a complete idiot. Since it is not human nature to love feeling stupid and cheated on you start to use what you've been giving aswell.

I don't blame any team for doing what they did. However I am seriously disappointed in the people who designed how the stage is set up. The shoutcasters were aware of the possibility that players can watch the screen during pauses. Why giving the teams the chance to cheat when you could set it up differently to make it harder/impossible?
Imagine in football/soccer if the both teams pep-talk would be slightly listenable from the other dressing room, so you can hear it only if you press your head against the wall and all the refs say is: "But you're not allowed to listen."
Nobody would like this. Nobody likes it in LoL.

You can't tell how even one glimpse decides the outcome of a match, maybe it's gamechanging, maybe it's nothing to care about. In my opinion Riot should watch every replay to figure out who was cheating and REPEAT those matches. They have one week time now thanks to the Internet issues they've had anyways. I want the winners to win in a fair match without any doubts of cheating and what not.

tldr: Whoever decided it is okay for people to be able to watch the bit-screen is bad and should feel bad. Matches with confirmed cheating should be replayed.

Mirodir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

GD going in hyperspeed today.

Connarhea

10-07-2012

I don't believe it is the stage designers fault. There are always options to cheat around. Just because they are slightly more obvious doesn't lesten the severity of it. This is the world championship, shouldn't it be punishable even more so when this is where you show of your brand, the best of the best are fighting to be the best? With company slogans all around and on a game that has been built up to be a great huge community.

RaineR

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connarhea View Post
I don't believe it is the stage designers fault. There are always options to cheat around. Just because they are slightly more obvious doesn't lesten the severity of it. This is the world championship, shouldn't it be punishable even more so when this is where you show of your brand, the best of the best are fighting to be the best? With company slogans all around and on a game that has been built up to be a great huge community.

All they had to do was turn their heads and they could see the minimaps. You'd think Riot would've at least put the monitorss directly over there heads (so if they look up they dont see them, or they see the back of the monitors) OR put a screen between the wall monitors and the players (so that if they looked up they wouldnt see anything.)

Relatively simple solutions that shouldve been thought out considering this is the WORLD FINALS. its not just some petty tournament.

Saccharina

10-07-2012

Then they should ask to turn off the monitor, not abuse it. They're CHEATERS.

Hrnek na kafe

10-07-2012

Your own personal sense for good sportsmanship should tell you "yea, you can see that map, it would give you advantage but why would you look there and cheat?"

Connarhea

10-07-2012

The fact that they didn't have means to stop cheating does not make it any better that these teams DID CHEAT.

It's Riot's fault that it was so easy, sure, but the teams still shouldn't have done it no matter how easy it was

Quickdash

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrnek na kafe View Post
Your own personal sense for good sportsmanship should tell you "yea, you can see that map, it would give you advantage but why would you look there and cheat?"
but then what about da money

TomorrowDog

10-07-2012

I like the phrase "keep honest people honest". Putting mini-maps that easy to see was a catastrophically bad decision and inexcusable.

Xtreme Chaos

10-07-2012

It was 100% the stage designers fault. Give people the opportunity to cheat with a MILLION dollars on the line and you can bet your ass they will take it.