People like Fuhrer Hubbs is why I cant leave Elo Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zinet

10-06-2012

Rhydianx joined the room.
supister joined the room.
Fuhrer Hubbs joined the room.
HappyTeaCup joined the room.
Demonic785 joined the room.
HappyTeaCup: ad carry
Demonic785: jungle or top
HappyTeaCup: today
HappyTeaCup: from 1070 elo
HappyTeaCup: to 947 elo
Rhydianx: ill jungle
Rhydianx: the story of my life
Rhydianx: i was at 1370
HappyTeaCup: i was at 1230
HappyTeaCup: elo
Demonic785: kk im top rengar
supister: ban?
HappyTeaCup: well im going ashe adc
Demonic785: cow
Demonic785: or amumu
Fuhrer Hubbs: Hey guys Im going to be honest here, my friend logged on so instead of leaving and waiting 30 minutes im just going to sit in the well for 20 minutes and then we surrender. itll let me play with him
Rhydianx: i can top shen if no one ban him.
Rhydianx: or jungle if he got banned,
HappyTeaCup: wtf
HappyTeaCup: just leave then hubs
Demonic785: im top since Rhy wants to jungle
Fuhrer Hubbs: No
HappyTeaCup: TEHN
Fuhrer Hubbs: Ill have to wait 30 minutes to play with him
Fuhrer Hubbs: if i play this and just sit in the well itll only be 20 minutes
HappyTeaCup: oh
Demonic785: so ur going to lose a ******* game on RANKED because u want to play with ur buddy
HappyTeaCup: .............
Rhydianx: now you have to wait more than 0 minutes.
Rhydianx: more than 30*
Rhydianx: cause we are not going to surrender lol.
HappyTeaCup: duh
supister: that's assuming we surrender
Demonic785: ya
HappyTeaCup: we aint giving up
supister: we can make it to at least 40 minutes
supister: i'm sure
Rhydianx: or more
Rhydianx:
Fuhrer Hubbs: Ok
supister: even 3v5 can make it to 35 minutes
Fuhrer Hubbs: good luck with that
supister: with a feeder
supister: i think
Fuhrer Hubbs: ill just be alt tabed watching some brazers videos
HappyTeaCup: OR 55406905786583908238743657834265832657832658175421 37854628415216575183hours
Fuhrer Hubbs: if u guys can win more power to u
HappyTeaCup: yi
Demonic785: ill be sure to report you and post these logs to Riot
HappyTeaCup: are you mid
supister: good luck with playing with ur friend
Rhydianx: since he's going to be afk
Rhydianx: ill mid i guess
HappyTeaCup: no jungle?

-That is the chat from Champion Selection on a 5v5 Ranked Solo/Duo que. People like this Fuhrer Hubbs is why im below a 1000 Elo. I cant ever get a good game its ALWAYS someone like this in my damn games and im sick of this! I have bad elo cause of other players not because of me. Its getting to the point where im just about done playing Solo/Duo all together. Riot you need to get a better scoring on Elo besides the way you have it now cause its strictly unfair how it is. On a 5v5 map if ONE person is bad on the team it will **** the rest of the team and because of that the rest of the teams Elo goes DOWN because of that ONE PERSON! This should be a good enough example to why Elo needs a better scoring base.

Guancyto

10-06-2012

Name and shame.

Scrub out the summoner name, it's tres against the rules to call out people on the forums like this.

(That said, SUMMONERNAMEHERE is a scumbag and if he makes a habit of this he will be banned. LeaverBuster doesn't just pick on leavers...)

Sexual Healing

10-06-2012

Quote:
This should be a good enough example to why Elo needs a better scoring base.

zzzzzzz. Well, play more games. Elo is an average over time of your liklihood to win games. You will play your way through it as long as you keep hitting play again.

Now to address your suggestion that there is a better scoring basis, you might want to think about the primary objective of the game. Winning. Now can you provide direct and quantifiable statistics that cause winning as a result from sole player interaction with the game?

The answer is no. While there may be correspondence between winning and some player statistics, winning is not determined by any single player related attribute. This is to say that KDA, CS, laning mechanics, even ward buying and objective taking do not determine the outcome of a game. To say otherwise is to suggest that the outome is predetermined. While it is predicted by the Elo system, this is not the case.

My point here is that you have 3 options:

1. Press play again and achieve Elo that you are satisfied with.

2. Spend more time on forums and otherwise, ensuring that you do not play enough to practice and learn.

3. Don't bother queuing in the first place.

Albeit, the secenario you described cost you about 12-16 Elo, it really shouldn't be too much trouble to expend another 30-40 minutes to correct it. Also note that in your Elo range, 4v5s are indefinitely more winnable.

Anyways, have a good day, thank you for sharing your story, but please don't whine and blame the system. To say that players climb out of the 1-1.2k range simply because they were not queued with players not intent on winning would be absurd, wouldn't it?

[Cue=]Twilight Zone Music[Cue/]

IKorey

10-07-2012

why not just dodge and wait 30 minutes instead of being ****ing retarded hoping on a troll to play seriously?

Really your own fault, he warned you.

LessHerpMoreDerp

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKorey View Post
why not just dodge and wait 30 minutes instead of being ****ing retarded hoping on a troll to play seriously?

you're also what's wrong with this community, riot should be able to protect us from those ****, and i could name 1 too that i encountered twice in ranked qeue and being a dickhead: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/34652417

Zinet

10-07-2012

Quote:

I should not have to dodge cause of his mistakes. So he gets what he wants and I have to be kicked for 30 mins cause of someone else? That makes a lot of since..

Zinet

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChampagne View Post
zzzzzzz. Well, play more games. Elo is an average over time of your liklihood to win games. You will play your way through it as long as you keep hitting play again.

Now to address your suggestion that there is a better scoring basis, you might want to think about the primary objective of the game. Winning. Now can you provide direct and quantifiable statistics that cause winning as a result from sole player interaction with the game?

The answer is no. While there may be correspondence between winning and some player statistics, winning is not determined by any single player related attribute. This is to say that KDA, CS, laning mechanics, even ward buying and objective taking do not determine the outcome of a game. To say otherwise is to suggest that the outome is predetermined. While it is predicted by the Elo system, this is not the case.

My point here is that you have 3 options:

1. Press play again and achieve Elo that you are satisfied with.

2. Spend more time on forums and otherwise, ensuring that you do not play enough to practice and learn.

3. Don't bother queuing in the first place.

Albeit, the secenario you described cost you about 12-16 Elo, it really shouldn't be too much trouble to expend another 30-40 minutes to correct it. Also note that in your Elo range, 4v5s are indefinitely more winnable.

Anyways, have a good day, thank you for sharing your story, but please don't whine and blame the system. To say that players climb out of the 1-1.2k range simply because they were not queued with players not intent on winning would be absurd, wouldn't it?

[Cue=]Twilight Zone Music[Cue/]
Lane Mechanics, buying wards, and etc. "ARE" a big role of winning a game but when 1 player joins a "RANKED" que and then gets to champion select and says he will just go afk cause he would rather surrender and ruin 10-16 Elo points for 4 other people is absurd! Its complete **** that I would have to dodge to get kicked for 30mins so he can do what he wants and have someone that was doing what he should be doing to get punished for it. Rethink your statements before posting on here. Thank you!

Kirito3689

10-07-2012

Quote:

I understand your point, but yout attitude is pathetic. Honestly makes me question players on these forums as either welfare rats, or koolaid drinkers, or both.

He is frustrated and is venting in the wrong way. Good summoners are trying to help him suggest alternatives. However, this game has proven time and time again to be community run, and I appreciate his post, because some summoners want change and will express so.

If everyone continues to accept and drink the koolaid, this game will remain the same, but if summoners continue to post, object, and suggest, Riot will opperate on our behalf :-).

Sorry to sound harsh, but try to understand his frustration and offer better advice.

On the flip side OP, my suggestion is to duo que. If at least 2 of you are not trolls it increases your odds of not having any. I will say that sadly sometimes it is smart to dodge until Riot creates a better system, but until then hang in there, make friends and keep proposing changes. If you can't or have trouble then add me and I can introduce you to some :-)

elbarca

10-07-2012

maybe your elo should be more based on ur kd ratio as well as assists instead of solely on wins. up to a certain point. if you consistently come out positive in kd it should help our ur elo. this makes sense because as ur elo raises and you get placed vs better player well that kd ratio starts to go down and ur elo should stabilize. obviously it can be much harder than that to come up with a perfect solution but the current system they have now is utter garbage. especially for those of us that dont really have alot of friends to play with and constantly have to solo queue. newbies ruin this game for us in ranked. i consistently get better partners in regular draft than in ranked and thats really sad.