Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Skunk View Post

I don't think so. I'd like to try to keep the evidence in this thread as close to reliable/concrete as possible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asgaard

Senior Member

10-06-2012

I remember watching the TSM game and being confused how the jayce somehow knew to check that bush up there with the q. This is bull****, and if TSM was disadvantaged because of that they should redo the series.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indekkusutaku

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost02223 View Post
I remember watching the TSM game and being confused how the jayce somehow knew to check that bush up there with the q. This is bull****, and if TSM was disadvantaged because of that they should redo the series.
Because checking with your Q is way smarter than face-checking, being a pro I bet he knew this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

10-06-2012

As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rawdll

Junior Member

10-06-2012

Kay, your "proof" is flawed. WE was red team for game one (this is givin for in this vod they are red team for game 3 as shown) which means they were seated to the right of the big screen in the perspective of som1 look at the entire stage. In this video the member of WE looked to his left, this would in the direction AWAY from the big screen which shows the game.

All this can proved by the images you have here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharpasglass

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.
ty


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miisaki Chan

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
Which by the way I'm not opposed to, I'll even volunteer to do it for free for them, cheating is unacceptable.
So you are going to punish everyone who looks to the right or left?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sandunguioso

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disillusion View Post
The reaction was pre-recorded. It's always been that way in LAN tournaments, because they want to capture that winning/losing reaction and show the home viewers. If you only show real time reactions, they players will already have shaken hands and maybe be on the stage. You would not be able to get it at all if they weren't showing you reactions accurate to the time.

Further proof is in replays which show camera views of the players, during a team fight, or their voice chat. The player view and voice chat are up to date with what is happening on the screen, because it wouldn't make sense any other way.

http://es.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334677300

at 1:45:19 they cheer as the action is happening


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disillusion View Post
The reaction was pre-recorded. It's always been that way in LAN tournaments, because they want to capture that winning/losing reaction and show the home viewers. If you only show real time reactions, they players will already have shaken hands and maybe be on the stage. You would not be able to get it at all if they weren't showing you reactions accurate to the time.

Further proof is in replays which show camera views of the players, during a team fight, or their voice chat. The player view and voice chat are up to date with what is happening on the screen, because it wouldn't make sense any other way.

They cut to the teams as soon as the nexus explodes or /ff goes out.

The best proof I read is how when they play the replays of teamfights with player audio on....notice how you hear the crowd roaring? zero delay from a guy who was there on Thursday and Friday


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indekkusutaku

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.

I am glad we have a Riot response but disappointed that he thinks we cite only a single camera view when this is simply not the case. If you had responded in a way that made me think you looked at the presented evidence I would have dropped everything, but you didn't but that's easy to fix.