Riot can't handle a professional event...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

le ThesMan

10-06-2012

So these guys have a two million prize pool and have the audacity to play on the tournament servers? There isn't one legitimate reason that the games should be played over internet as opposed to LAN. Riot has the money and the engineers to have a server at the event to host a single game. Jewish, just plain Jewish, wanted that extra money for the lox on their bagels. Pathetic.

rahx

10-06-2012

i'm sure they are doing the best they can. from my experience, events like this are prone to disasters that are not controllable by any of the parties; as a matter of fact, this is one of the best e-sports live events that i've ever seen.

ThroopeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

i used to be a halo player. never once did an event have this happen. stream problems can happen but there is no room for in game technical issues with this much money on the line. and its down again???

Jayhawks

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroopTronix View Post
i used to be a halo player. never once did an event have this happen. stream problems can happen but there is no room for in game technical issues with this much money on the line. and its down again???
this. stream dies fine, but game dying, no bueno

TheChance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by le ThesMan View Post
So these guys have a two million prize pool and have the audacity to play on the tournament servers? There isn't one legitimate reason that the games should be played over internet as opposed to LAN. Riot has the money and the engineers to have a server at the event to host a single game. Jewish, just plain Jewish, wanted that extra money for the lox on their bagels. Pathetic.
Did you seriously use "Jewish" as a negative adjective?

Screw you.

BtrthnuX

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by le ThesMan View Post
Was going to thumbs you up because I wholeheartedly agree with you... until your last sentence.

Yhufir

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtrthnuX View Post
Was going to thumbs you up because I wholeheartedly agree with you... until your last sentence.
I thought the "Pathetic." part was accurate.... Don't be a jew.

*please note: this comment was designed to make fun of literal translation error. No comment on race, ethnicity, or religion was intended to offend nor should it be taken seriously. If you are offended go tell god and maybe he'll do something about it.

oOK2Oo

10-06-2012

It's been an extremely disappointing experience. Especially as the outcome was so delicately balanced.

A good reputation is hard to build, and given the potential (we took up 5% of NA's national bandwidth?!) I believe the actions to make amends will be quick and comprehensive.

I do hope the people who actually sacrificed their time, travel and moolah to watch the live events get fair compensation.

As someone who's interested in organising tourneys, if there's one thing that I'll be taking away from this, it's that you cannot afford to compromise on the infrastructure if you want to put on a classy show.

This incident also brings into question other risks for future e-Sports events like hacking servers to disrupt games if big bets are placed on the outcome and it isn't going favourably.

The ice rinks in an NHL game do not start melting midway through the game. If we're serious about the commitment to e-Sports and want to spread its popularity, make sure the operational aspects are covered.

Riot has shown in the past that they learn and adapt quickly. I have faith that they'll pick up the slack for this and make sure that nothing like this ever happens again.

And summoners, stay classy (Props Jeff and crew)

AmericanGeezus

le ThesMan

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanGeezus View Post
Not a T.V. show or a film set. Get good kid. Google my grass.