Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hironshy

10-06-2012

So true, jungle is my main. I used to be able to chose jungler with dmg to carry. Nowadays im forced to play tanky jungler and buy support items>_> You just cant carry anymore as jungler with the low amount of gold/xp you get from jungling. If your gank fails it even set you further back.

iainB85

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeki View Post
So true, jungle is my main. I used to be able to chose jungler with dmg to carry. Nowadays im forced to play tanky jungler and buy support items>_> You just cant carry anymore as jungler with the low amount of gold/xp you get from jungling. If your gank fails it even set you further back.
Yep, I feel exactly the same way, hoping for some kind of update on the jungle for S3 since by the looks of this thread the majority of people agree.

CaptainScrubberz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

bump

Sovreign22

10-06-2012

I remember when they first remade the jungle for S2, the exp and gold rewards were even lower than they are now. Forums blew up about it and they increased it SLIGHTLY saying they would keep an eye on it. Its never changed since.

Jungling now is basicly: Boots 3 health, Clear, reach level 4, gank top/mid since bot is warded, buy phil, buy oracle, buy hog, give wraiths to mid, farm wolves, buy aegis, and then act as a mediocre meat shield/stun bot in team fights.

CptCoolBeans

10-06-2012

Yep pretty much, buffs go to the carries. mid takes your wraiths. top/bot take your golems or your wolves. and you just camp lanes all day with gp5 items for $ since you cant farm shet and are already underleveled. if you play a glass cannon jungler you are so screwed. OH AND YEA THE GUYS THAT ALWAYS SAY OMFG NOOB JUNGLE WHY NO GANK GG REPORTED.

Bittlez

10-07-2012

bump

iainB85

10-07-2012

Yep... pretty hard to keep any discussions going atm besides the TSM v WE cheating topic since everyone under the sun feels they need to make their own topic about it

Taliesin

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
...Would love a red post in this thread, even if it's "we're happy with the jungle now" just to see if they agree/disagree with its current state.
This. As a jungle main, this.

Abrach

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Support junglers currently are the best pick, since they're safe. Propper ward coverage, can't gank or invade? No problem, you just have to hang on and wait until team fights, you're useful as long as you can release your kit once. Trust your ad carry to carry you.

Nocturne is a pretty good agressive jungler, but if no ganks are sucessful (really good ward coverage, enemy actively shutting down your oracles, enemy team has great safe picks with escapes and CC), then he just dies and becomes irrelevant in team fights. He's just way too risky.

Agressive junglers role has moved on counterjungling.
And counter jungling It's no longer a matter of taking out of the game the enemy jungler while becoming a force to be reckoned. No, it's a matter of forcing the enemy jungler to be worse than you, while you're already starved. And proper ward coverage will shut your game down even before you're able to buy an oracles.

I love playing Shyvana, she's my favorite jungler, but lately I have been tempted to move onto nunu. Even though he can't really kill the enemy jungler, he can take his camps easily.
If Shyvana has a bad game, she just explodes as soon as she tries to do anything.
If Nunu has a bad game, he just has to keep bloodboil on the ad carry and kite enemies with snowball.

Agressive junglers have certain good things still going for them, but they're just way too risky with little reward. Support junglers are just so safe that you can't really go wrong with them.

iainB85

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrach View Post
Support junglers currently are the best pick, since they're safe. Propper ward coverage, can't gank or invade? No problem, you just have to hang on and wait until team fights, you're useful as long as you can release your kit once. Trust your ad carry to carry you.

Nocturne is a pretty good agressive jungler, but if no ganks are sucessful (really good ward coverage, enemy actively shutting down your oracles, enemy team has great safe picks with escapes and CC), then he just dies and becomes irrelevant in team fights. He's just way too risky.

Agressive junglers role has moved on counterjungling.
And counter jungling It's no longer a matter of taking out of the game the enemy jungler while becoming a force to be reckoned. No, it's a matter of forcing the enemy jungler to be worse than you, while you're already starved. And proper ward coverage will shut your game down even before you're able to buy an oracles.

I love playing Shyvana, she's my favorite jungler, but lately I have been tempted to move onto nunu. Even though he can't really kill the enemy jungler, he can take his camps easily.
If Shyvana has a bad game, she just explodes as soon as she tries to do anything.
If Nunu has a bad game, he just has to keep bloodboil on the ad carry and kite enemies with snowball.

Agressive junglers have certain good things still going for them, but they're just way too risky with little reward. Support junglers are just so safe that you can't really go wrong with them.
I feel the same way man. I even had a blast jungling Kha'Xiz in the early game... great ganking potential and lots of fun to play... but even if I went 7/0 in the laning phase, as soon as people started group it was painfully obvious I'd be so much better off as Mumu or Naut or someone with great CC and initiate, rather than a semi-fed jungle (I say semi, because while I had good money off of kills, my overall farm was still poor compared to laners with high CS).