Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iainB85

10-06-2012

Yea those walls should make it hard for them to see. A player would have to like get up and peer around the wall which would be blatantly obvious. From the angles, I don't think they could simply turn around to see the screens behind them.

Hiriko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Each monitor has a camera on it facing the camera, which is show next to the big screen. Also as boring as it sounds I'm sure there is people whose job is just to watch the players faces and make sure no one is attempting to look at the big screen.

Billyraye

10-06-2012

Either way, both teams have the same exact setup. No competitive advantage either way. Plus I doubt it would be easy to turn away from the game and look at a monitor without someone seeing you.

Deb

10-06-2012

I don't understand how someone can bend their neck that far without looking extremely suspicious.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyraye View Post
Either way, both teams have the same exact setup. No competitive advantage either way. Plus I doubt it would be easy to turn away from the game and look at a monitor without someone seeing you.
not quite. one team has an easier time seeing it than the other team considering the location of the map on the bottom right corner of the screen

migty1joe

10-06-2012

Yo, this is huge. This Riot trash talk and cant organise tournament.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

i updated the pic since people were confused about which screens i meant

Caucxican

10-06-2012

anyway, i wasn't really trying to start drama or a conspiracy. I just really hoped Riot would just leave those screens off today.

Blue Adder

10-06-2012

Umm have you ever tried to watch a big screen that close and from that angle? I'm gonna make a wild guess and say they can only see color mush.

rickyg123

10-06-2012

OP your confused by the 2d flatness of your pic that is throwing u off from the reality of it.

yes its live but if you look careful, the big screen is set forward of the minimap screens so it would block the diaganol view of the minimap screens that your proposing. beyond that the wall behind the players blocks the view of the big screen.

to say it a different way, the minimap screens are set back into the wall into the wall in a way so the players cant see them diaganolly. your theory looks good in 2d but it doesnt work in 3d.