Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JonTheBon

10-06-2012

There is a 10 second delay, just fyi to anybody who thinks this is an online tournament and not LAN.

PowaLegend

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTkiller View Post
Best teams in the world....

in the world...............

I know, but i'm not talking about ALL their blinds plays, that is normal, they ares the best of the best. But SOME specifical plays were just too much..

Anyways, see what OP says.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Delay & if it is the same as it was at the NA regionals they took down the minimap during pauses.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

ok im seeing talk of delays....this was a live LAN event with an audience! There was zero delays on minimap because the players were expected to not see it ever.. As plays happened, the teams were screaming on-stage. Also, the minimaps were left on for a few minutes into most pauses I saw. Most of time, they were not turned off until a team would say something to a judge. Watch the TSM closely to see this.

I'm still trying to upload picture to forum but the request is getting timed out. more to come.

Celebi

Recruiter

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CausticSushi View Post
Even if they did look at the minimap, it was spectator mode, theres a delay.
I doubt it because every time Azubu won, the players that were dead but knew it was just a matter of seconds until they won got up out of their seat and took off their headphones in excitement, and every time they did, the casters announced the victory at the exact same time...

Nizakusbro

10-06-2012

Dumb people upvoting this,there is a big delay

Caucxican

10-06-2012

Ok here is the picture. Notice how the team staging area is slightly angled toward the middle and not parallel with the audience.

http://imgur.com/8VXde

Haestro

10-06-2012

With the delay, it's not really useful to look at it.

Caucxican

10-06-2012

I was sitting in the 3rd row. Trust me when I say there was zero delay. As soon as /ff votes passed, players would stand up and cheer at that moment....do you guys really think the players waited till the audience caught up first?! Why do so many people assume there is a delay on screens the players are not expected to see?

Justus Dominus

10-06-2012

Jatt`s not playing. It`ll be ok