J4's ult; not quite impassable terrain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs and Drugs

10-06-2012

I'm okay with probably over half of the League champions being able to escape J4's ult (or 100% if they all take flash). However there are some instances that seem really unfair and mock the term 'impassable terrain'.

For example, Vayne can tumble out of it. Yeah, the same tumble that cant go over or through any wall in the game can get you right over J4's ult. Yet, you can pin J4 to his own ult with condemn. If you're going to count it as terrain, why can Vayne tumble over it when she can't do that anywhere else?

Another one that irks me is Blitzcrank, and subsequently other champs that can reach really high speeds. On multiple occasions I've had a Blitzcrank use W and shureliyas to speed away from me as I ult down on them. Because theyre moving so fast they end up in the edge of my ult instead of the middle due to the time it takes to leap. This causes the champ model to just saddle through the terrain and keep running. Having a dash or leap is one thing, but escaping the terrain just for being too fast is ludicrous.

Is there any way some tweaks could be made so that J4's ult isn't hampered by the cases I mentioned, as well as a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting?

EmrldCitySlasher

10-06-2012

riven can also use her E to go thru it

Trudbuglar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs and Drugs View Post
I'm okay with probably over half of the League champions being able to escape J4's ult (or 100% if they all take flash). However there are some instances that seem really unfair and mock the term 'impassable terrain'.

For example, Vayne can tumble out of it. Yeah, the same tumble that cant go over or through any wall in the game can get you right over J4's ult. Yet, you can pin J4 to his own ult with condemn. If you're going to count it as terrain, why can Vayne tumble over it when she can't do that anywhere else?

Another one that irks me is Blitzcrank, and subsequently other champs that can reach really high speeds. On multiple occasions I've had a Blitzcrank use W and shureliyas to speed away from me as I ult down on them. Because theyre moving so fast they end up in the edge of my ult instead of the middle due to the time it takes to leap. This causes the champ model to just saddle through the terrain and keep running. Having a dash or leap is one thing, but escaping the terrain just for being too fast is ludicrous.

Is there any way some tweaks could be made so that J4's ult isn't hampered by the cases I mentioned, as well as a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting?
A couple weeks ago when Jarvan was free, I played him on my lowbie account. I've had him on my main account for a very long time, and I used to enjoy playing him, but I've just not messed with him outside Dominion lately.

I ulted an Amumu, who just walked out of my ult. No ghost, no super speed buff, no nothing. He was running away, I ulted him, and he just kept walking.

So no, it doesn't require them to speed boots + Shureliya's to get out of it. All it takes is for you to have the tiniest lag spike and them to be... moving...

Le Vainqueur

10-06-2012

A Sion walked through mine earlier.

MAXED6

10-06-2012

old news nothing to see here.
Jav's ult is hit or miss.

Vertchewal

10-06-2012

Pretty sure any champion with an escape ability can get out of it. Do I wish it had more restrictions? Kinda, but then you'd see J4 overplayed.

Aidoneus

10-06-2012

I love playing J4, and would also like to see something done with his ult to where anything can't just pass through it. I mainly just use it now for finishing an enemy or if i know someone doesn't have flash up/ they already used their escape ability and it's on cooldown

BatMousse

10-06-2012

Wait, are you sure Vayne can stun you on your own wall? I seem to remember her pushing me through it.

Ixionas

10-06-2012

Vayne cant stun jarvan against his wall. Same as anivia and trundle walls, and same with poppy.

Blackfire447

10-06-2012

It has been like this since as long as i remember, but Riot has no intentions of fixing it because it involves more than a simple bug fix, as the problems occur because the wall created isn't technically terrain (hence why vayne q and riven e go thru it) and because of this it'd most likely need to be redone.

and since j4 isn't top priority I wouldn't expect to see it til he get a legendary skin or....no that's prolly the only way he ever gets fixed sadly..