I've got reported by a player who wished death to my mother. Haven't broke any rule.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amovingtarget View Post
Are you saying that we have to play what others expect us to or we have to talk to them?
Yes, it boils down to statement ... if you don't like it you will get banned because the rules of this game state that you have to communicate with your team.

Since I have increased my communication I get less negative reactions from teammates. I tell them in advance my plans and Im willing to adapt... some of them even encourage me.

"yea do it".

Some of them rage... but to those I simply ignore.

For example the only two supports I'm playing are ZYRA and BLITZ. In BOTH cases I tell my ADC carry
- "Are you good at last hitting? Cuz I'll take as many last hits as I can... if you are good I won't be able to take much"
- "My priority will be harassing and zoning... but I WILL take as many last hits as I can... if you are GOOD I won't be able to take any".

And stuff like that. Sometimes they rage, Sometimes they dodge but in general it works out well.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzWarty View Post
This player was going for platinum, yet was still stealing CS from the AD carry, and refusing to ward when asked. I initially felt more of a hidden "no, screw you" dialog when reading the cases.
Funny because if he was almost platinum... he must have better skills than you and must be doing stuff better than you. So maybe what he does (take CS, unorthodox picks) just works better than what YOU think is best.

Seriously get out of your high horse. He needs to communicate better with his team, but he didn't break any rules.

amovingtarget

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunflameSmurf View Post
Yes, it boils down to statement ... if you don't like it you will get banned because the rules of this game state that you have to communicate with your team.

Since I have increased my communication I get less negative reactions from teammates. I tell them in advance my plans and Im willing to adapt... some of them even encourage me.

"yea do it".

Some of them rage... but to those I simply ignore.

For example the only two supports I'm playing are ZYRA and BLITZ. In BOTH cases I tell my ADC carry
- "Are you good at last hitting? Cuz I'll take as many last hits as I can... if you are good I won't be able to take much"
- "My priority will be harassing and zoning... but I WILL take as many last hits as I can... if you are GOOD I won't be able to take any".

And stuff like that. Sometimes they rage, Sometimes they dodge but in general it works out well.
Thank you for a reply that is not just some one else arguing. But that dosnt make sense to me. If you have allies who dont talk at all, people who dont speak english on the NA server, and people who are just going to rage how are you supposed to communicate to them?

GunflameSmurf

10-06-2012

if they dont communicate, you report them.
If they range and insult you, you mute them and report them.

Look at this chat

Quote:
1stPick: adc
2ndPick: mid if possible
3ndPick: w/e but please not support :=
3ndPick: =)
5thPick: Im support
5thPick: dont you worry
2ndPick: *whew!*
3ndPick: YAY
1stPick: someone want shen?
5thPick: ill play shen
3ndPick: ??
3ndPick: Support shen
3ndPick: nvm
5thPick: i can bot or top but not jung
3ndPick: lolz
5thPick: moot point :P
3ndPick: I can jungle
5thPick: graves, who do you want?
5thPick: taric or janna
5thPick: pick meow
1stPick: taric
5thPick: they always want the taric
5thPick: cause of the sexy synergy
GunflameSmurf: let meJUNGLE
GunflameSmurf: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
GunflameSmurf: I need to jungel BLITZ
2ndPick: guys mind if i cho middle?
GunflameSmurf: grab me BLITZ
GunflameSmurf: ill trade you cho
GunflameSmurf: grabe me BLITTTZZ PLEASEEEE
3ndPick: Why do you need to jungle blitz
GunflameSmurf: let me jungle blitzzz
3ndPick: ?
5thPick: okok
GunflameSmurf: cuz im FREAKING AMAZING
GunflameSmurf: with it
GunflameSmurf: I must say that I'm till not perfect... but im very good with blitz
GunflameSmurf: jungle

lolLuckylol

10-06-2012

proof that tribunal is flawed, good job unbanning him +1

themaddscientist

10-06-2012

Good to see you got this issue sorted out. I would suggest, though, that if you are going to try out a new strategy that you should try it out on AI first. That way you know that the abilities and your build synergize the way you want it to. Then if you can you should ask your friends to let you try this out before unleashing your ideas on the rest of the League. Good luck!

IS1879fbf8ece39275db4d9

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Sorry it took so long to get to this. I'm currently working at the LOL World Championships. I took a look at your case and did notice that you displayed a lot of toxic behavior in the past; however, you seem to be genuinely trying to change and we appreciate the effort to improve your behavior.

You've been reported in 25% of your games lately and that's an extremely high number. You admit to playing unorthodox roles a lot, which is fine in League of Legends; however, in many games you don't communicate this well with your teammates. When you don't communicate with them or surprise them with unorthodox picks, then happen to play poorly, their frustration leads to anger and toxicity which then leads to reports. For example, imagine if I went into every game dead silent and the team is selecting their picks. There is already an AP, but I last pick a second AP and instant lock in. Behaviors like these are not excessively toxic, but they do create negative experiences for your teammates.

The Tribunal is not a perfect system, but it's extremely accurate in the 99.8% range; however, this means mistakes do happen. They are just extremely rare. Player Support has reviewed your case as well and in light of the evidence, I'm going to unban you. However, I encourage you to keep improving your behavior and try to communicate better with your teammates when you do want to try unorthodox strategies.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Thanks a lot for this, Lyte. It really restored a tiny bit of my long-lost faith in Riot.

AlexDnD2

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Sorry it took so long to get to this. I'm currently working at the LOL World Championships. I took a look at your case and did notice that you displayed a lot of toxic behavior in the past; however, you seem to be genuinely trying to change and we appreciate the effort to improve your behavior.

You've been reported in 25% of your games lately and that's an extremely high number. You admit to playing unorthodox roles a lot, which is fine in League of Legends; however, in many games you don't communicate this well with your teammates. When you don't communicate with them or surprise them with unorthodox picks, then happen to play poorly, their frustration leads to anger and toxicity which then leads to reports. For example, imagine if I went into every game dead silent and the team is selecting their picks. There is already an AP, but I last pick a second AP and instant lock in. Behaviors like these are not excessively toxic, but they do create negative experiences for your teammates.

The Tribunal is not a perfect system, but it's extremely accurate in the 99.8% range; however, this means mistakes do happen. They are just extremely rare. Player Support has reviewed your case as well and in light of the evidence, I'm going to unban you. However, I encourage you to keep improving your behavior and try to communicate better with your teammates when you do want to try unorthodox strategies.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Most people don't want to play with him. The vast majority voted punish. I get that you don't think being a "baddie" should be bannable - but the community obviously thinks it should.