It was at the S2 finals that bruisers everywhere suddenly woke up and realized...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword Maker View Post
He's talking about His Darius screwing your Xin
was that the game we went 0-19?

gsai

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
jarvan built tanky assassin, it actually works cause he has the CC.

Other than that? Sunfire + tanky on everyone. Darien is right, there's no point to building damage when it barely scales at all.
Yeah they'll probably fix it with that new AD itemization they promised. AD itemization is just too terrible.

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

10-06-2012

Quote:
it was actually 3-26. wasn't it?

Sword Maker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
hashinshin you should see a doctor. If you really can't remember a game you just played that's actually really bad.

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

10-06-2012

don't fail dyrus now hashin.
he's counting on you dis time.

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2012

This thread existed before dyrus crushed him...

WATCHMAKERZILEAN

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumbro Deus View Post
This thread existed before dyrus crushed him...
the effects of butt-hurt rippled backwards through time.
he needs some icy-hot.

SerPounce

10-06-2012

I think you're right that especially for brusier champions damage reduction is superior gold for gold vs damage. I think by also choosing team comps without a "dedicated tank" the sunfire cape + defense items are also a product of necessity. In my experience bruisers damage scales fairly well off abilities or passives, (Jarvan passive, Irelia true damage, Nasus Q, Jax Ult passive,W etc) so the need for high damage items isn't there, when combined with how they deliver damage; up close and personal the need for damage mitigation is obvious. I suppose i'm not telling you anything OP you don't already know but I thought I would weigh in and add my support.

P.S Ad hominem attacks against the OP do not make his arguement invalid.

Infirc

10-06-2012

i really liked the game were skarner and blitzcrank were level 12 while the rest of the team and enemy team were level 17, Skarner and blitz didnt do damage and pretty much were squishlets due to the level, they stil had the build, yet they were the main factor they won the last teamfight and pushed for the win .

I also disliked those jayces that Rushed triforce, oh god they did nothing in the tournament, just looked ridicolous in that Coat.

ElementzPRO

10-06-2012

I think sunfire is very strong too but you're kinda exaggerating. Darien is the only top who is known for rushing sunfire on most champs.

Also, it's not about the scaling on their damage. Darien builds sunfire on Jax who scales very well. M5 runs a very tanky lineup in general. Usually they get 3-4 GAs.