@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bongofrog

10-06-2012

Female sexuality sells. Get over it.

Commercials do it all the time. Beer commercials are the best at it.

Cosmetic companies do it -directed at females-

damn near every successful company on earth does it.

Female sexuality sells.

thats a fact.

Riot is a business and like all businesses they want to stay in business. Therefore they have to give the MAJORITY what it wants. The MAJORITY pays for female sexuality. NOT for nuns.

*****ing about it isnt going to change human nature.

Nobody cares about the feelgoods of female gamers. Take your bleeding heart garbage and go whine about it somewhere else.

Hyru

10-06-2012

Sounds like you made this thread to score some brownie points with your friend.

Sinvoliat

10-06-2012

You can have a free and fun environment where males can have fun and troll around... and women. It just doesn't work.

What turns girls away from the game is not art, not body image issues, its the millions of male players who love to troll and have some politically-incorrect fun. But you cant have these millions of male players if you force people to be politically correct.

Ippiki Okami

10-06-2012

I agree with Phreak, I wish there was more girl gamers on league. I will just judge them the same way I judge male gamers, and expect myself to be judged too.

Women have a different logical approach to situations.

Ippiki Okami

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinvoliat View Post
You can have a free and fun environment where males can have fun and troll around... and women. It just doesn't work.

What turns girls away from the game is not art, not body image issues, its the millions of male players who love to troll and have some politically-incorrect fun. But you cant have these millions of male players if you force people to be politically correct.
Enjoy your sausage fest.

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinvoliat View Post

As true as it is, the fact is, most aspects of nerd culture encourage this, league included.

Billyraye

10-06-2012

Who cares if women play or not? I don't make a dime off it. Marketing 101 and basic economics answers the op's thread. If the gaming market is (not scientific, rough estimate here) 95% male dominated, what businessman would make a game that isn't geared towards that demo?

Foxy Ylla

10-06-2012

When I play a LoL game I don't tell everyone I'm a girl. I have about 1600 games played, I own most of the champs, and I have about 50 skins. So yes I feel I can safely say a lot of the female champs and many of their different skins have breasts way bigger than mine.

But let me go ahead and list a few of the male champs I find sexy as hell.
-Rugged Garen. OH my!
-Gangplank, with his super strong neck and manly beard. That neck is bitable. Mmm. Bites.
-Jayce looks like he is actually on the cover of Summoner's GQ.

That's obviously not a lot. But then we need to go ahead and mention Pink Taric. He's fabulous.

NightmaresLuna

10-06-2012

So what would your solution for solving this disparity be, exactly? I read your entire original post, but forgive me if I don't read the other 54 pages.

Would you have blatant male stripper skins? What even defines attractiveness in male champions in your scenario? If your solution is simply less sexualized champions, as has been said IronStylus is already on it.

Adumbro Deus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyraye View Post
Who cares if women play or not? I don't make a dime off it. Marketing 101 and basic economics answers the op's thread. If the gaming market is (not scientific, rough estimate here) 95% male dominated, what businessman would make a game that isn't geared towards that demo?
except it isn't, women make up the majority of pc gamers overall and about 42% of the "hardocore" audience.

This means it's big business to market to include women and market specifically towards women.