Thank You CLG, Dignitas, and TSM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbone1 View Post
So what you're saying is, American teams should just stop making money? That's moronic.
i said it's quite obvious they'd rather make money and live comfortably and practice for 8 hours instead of not make money, live very frugally and cramped and practice for 16 and have a better shot at winning 1 mill off a tourney

and i don't even care why, or pass any judgment on it. just stating facts

spikegabriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJaxon View Post
Hate to break it to ya, but people in Asian countries also like physical sports a lot more than e-sports. The best Korean baseball players are much more popular than any professional gamer in Korea.
My point was pretty simple, and in a way you have admitted it.

America places a far higher emphasis on physical sports. In fact I would go so far as to say the country places more emphasis on physical pursuits than it does on mental pursuits.

That's why I pointed out the Olympics. America dominated every other country in the world. Consider out of the top 5 countries, America scored over 25% of the medals in those top 5. They scored roughly the same in just gold medals alone.

Then you look at how well NA typically fairs in the esport scene. It's just not even close. America seems to lose out horribly when it comes to things like esports.

Those are things that are documented, it's not opinions. The big difference is that physical sports are pushed heavily in America, while things like computer gaming are thought of as degrading. I gave an example of Colleen Lachowicz. Since some people are unable to read the article I will quote it.

Quote:
Colleen Lachowicz is running for state senate in Waterville, Maine. She also plays a lot of World of Warcraft. According to Maine Republicans, this means that she is unfit for office.

The Maine Republican Party has set up an entire website dedicated to digging up old forum posts made by Lachowicz on Blizzard's online role-playing game.

"Colleen Lachowicz is a Democrat candidate for Maine State Senate," they write. "In Colleen's online fantasy world, she gets away with crude, vicious and violent comments like the ones below. Maine needs a State Senator that lives in the real world, not in Colleen's fantasy world."

Yes, this website was actually set up by the Maine Republican Party. It features posts by Lachowicz like: "I love poisoning and stabbing! It is fun. I never thought I would love it so much either. I did not start out in WoW with a rogue."

Exudico

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post

It is just that simple, and it is like everything else in the world: it comes down to the money. With Riot paying teams a salary next year, we will see if north american teams really have it in them to compete at a top level, or if they really are too immature to develop that level of team work.
Are you saying NA teams such as TSM, CLG.NA, and Curse don't have the money?

DespicableBish

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinJaX3er View Post
Honestly.. tsm is good, but dyrus isn't on par with the rest of them.

He is good, but he is FAR too relaxed, and doesn't learn during solo que. which he does FAR too much. So it's pretty much time wasted. Other than that, TSM lost in picks.
lmao lost in picks? 2nd game TSM had jayce, karthus, blitz, graves while AZ had ezreal and skarner as strong picks.

TSM just got outplayed they didn't lose in picks

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exudico View Post
Are you saying NA teams such as TSM, CLG.NA, and Curse don't have the money?
Sure, whatever, now I remember why I don't post in GD.

Exudico

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Sure, whatever, now I remember why I don't post in GD.
ummm... due to spinning yourself into contradiction?

NameNotHere

10-06-2012

Well, now that my favorite team is out of it (TSM), i'll just root for M5, cuz i don't wanna see Asian win this.

Economicz

10-06-2012

clg pulled it off before the tournament...

spikegabriel

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDingoDoggy View Post
Well, now that my favorite team is out of it (TSM), i'll just root for M5, cuz i don't wanna see Asian win this.
No reason not to want an Asian team to win. If they play better then they should win. That said there is no reason for me to continue watching. They will announce whoever wins.

Also brings up a good point though. For people like myself when there are no NA teams in it I don't really bother watching. I am curious what the viewership would look like if Riot released it for after the NA teams were put out of it. I doubt there would be much difference at all, but still curious.

Saint Latona

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikegabriel View Post
No reason not to want an Asian team to win. If they play better then they should win. That said there is no reason for me to continue watching. They will announce whoever wins.

Also brings up a good point though. For people like myself when there are no NA teams in it I don't really bother watching. I am curious what the viewership would look like if Riot released it for after the NA teams were put out of it. I doubt there would be much difference at all, but still curious.
Even if they announce the winner afterwards, I would still watch the stream to learn things and enjoy the spectacle.