The Future Meta Shift: Replacing AD Carries With AD Assassins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Kalast View Post
In these games that are over at 25 minutes it's true the AD carry isn't the strongest character - they pull their weight though, and perhaps more importantly they keep the enemy team honest. If you don' run an AD carry they can just tank hard and your Assassin squad will lack the sustained dps to handle it, and they get to a more powerful lategame with an AD carry.
Well let's look at Urgot. He was recently very popular (and then the nerfbat) because he was more of a tank. He still had considerable damage ouput (as well as a sweet passive) and was picked over AD carries that had better "deeps". So I actually think my theory is plausible.

CARESKISWOWJKS

10-06-2012

nope
1/10
why waste so long on a troll thread, if you're not trolling then holy **** you are stupid

Levgre

10-06-2012

All the AD carries have better auto attack steroids, which is what you must rely on for maximum damage late game. As a ranged champion you can stay safer while doing so, compared to a melee AD which must go next to their target.

Meteonyker

10-06-2012

You can AD assassins mid just fine.

Carnn

10-06-2012

It's entirely possible if the itemisation for AD casters/assassins improve.

Killzerz

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteonyker View Post
isnt the whole point of adc is being Ranged?
And I'm arguing that thinking is outdated. You don't NEED an ADC. When does the game say, "PICK AN ADC OR YOU ARE BANNED!!!"?

Killzerz

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levgre View Post
All the AD carries have better auto attack steroids, which is what you must rely on for maximum damage late game. As a ranged champion you can stay safer while doing so, compared to a melee AD which must go next to their target.
I don't think you can stay safe with everyone and their mothers being affected by the powercreep. LOOK, I HAVE A GAP-CLOSER TOO!!!!!

And I agree they will eventually outdamage Talon and Wukong BUT they still run the huge risk of dieing instantly AND they need over 15k gold before they are useful.

CARESKISWOWJKS

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzerz View Post
I don't think you can stay safe with everyone and their mothers being affected by the powercreep. LOOK, I HAVE A GAP-CLOSER TOO!!!!!

And I agree they will eventually outdamage Talon and Wukong BUT they still run the huge risk of dieing instantly AND they need over 15k gold before they are useful.
you do relise that a talon who builds 2 BT and 2 LW is going to die just as quick, and btw LW don't stack so why would you buy 2.

EDIT: WHY DOWN VOTE ME I'M STATING FACTS, IF YOU'RE GOING TO DOWNVOTE AT LEAST REPLY SAYING WHY

Killzerz

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLT Phenomen View Post
I would like to add Pantheon, Olaf and Jayce to your list. All of them have range poke and cc.
They each have certain problems: Pantheon would be great except he can be CCed pretty fast and he is mostly single target damage; Olaf doesn't give sheer, raw damage that teams need either. Jayce though is a pretty darn good pick, so I'll add him in. I won't do the math right now 'cause its over 4 am where I am from, shoot me.

Killzerz

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARESKISWOWJKS View Post
you do relise that a talon who builds 2 BT and 2 LW is going to die just as quick, and btw LW don't stack so why would you buy 2.
He will die as quick BUT do as much damage PLUS more AoE damage. And yeah, thanks for catching my moment of derp, I fixed the double LW issue. ^^