Thank You CLG, Dignitas, and TSM

12345678 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crossf1re

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
TSM is able to beat msot of the teams in this tournament.
Problems teams:
TPA, M5, AF. They had the bad luck to face AF early.

TSM is definitely one of the best 10 teams in the world.
Being not in the top 10 also doesn't make you bad at competitive gaming. The others are better.

I don't know why people say: be first or you are ****.
Because it's true?

Wtf, do you think I give a **** about being in second place when I'm competing in anything? Everything in life is a competition, when I wake up, I wake up to be 1st in everything I do, otherwise what the hell is the point in trying?

Let me ask you a question, In the 2008 Olympics where Micheal Phelps DESTROYED EVERYONE and got 8 golds. Do you remember who came in 2nd place to Phelps in each of those events?

I'm 99.9% sure you don't because nobody gives a **** about 2nd place or remembers who they are. (or worse).

You're either first, or you're last.

NA is ALWAYS last.

EDIT: for all the idiots who think I'm comparing LoL to the Olympics, my point is when someone becomes 1st place nobody gives two ****s about the person who came in 2nd. I used the most profound example i could think of to prove my point


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Traithan

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossf1re View Post
Because it's true?

Wtf, do you think I give a **** about being in second place when I'm competing in anything?

Let me ask you a question, In the 2008 Olympics where Micheal Phelps DESTROYED EVERYONE and got 8 golds. Do you remember who came in 2nd place to Phelps in each of those events?

I'm 99.9% sure you don't because nobody gives a **** about 2nd place or remembers who they are. (or worse).

You're either first, or you're last.

NA is ALWAYS last.
Great example that proves my point. But NA would be able to have at least a little more pride if we didn't go 1-7 in all of our games played. In Season 1, TSM got 4th (best placed NA team)...in Season 2 the best TSM can get is 5th (best placed NA team). We've actually gotten worse despite having up to a year headstart on a lot of the Asian world.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sirplayalot11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
again you're making shіt up. no american teams have shown the resolve to live in abject poverty in order to make it happen. and i mean NOT EVEN CLOSE.

show me an american team that's eating ramen and sleeping under his desk in a room with 5 other people. please do that.

until you show me that same drive and dedication you're on the losing side of this argument
I can only assume you are living on your own and know about bills, this includes:
Rent
Utilities(Water, sewage, trash, etc)
Electricity
Food
Hygienic Products
Utensils
Internet
Phone Bill
Transportation

Even if rent was cheap, things like food and electricity will definitely not be cheap, especially for a professional gamer.
And I really doubt foreign country players live off Ramen Noodles and other foods like that if they can afford computers, internet, and so forth. Plus you can't even focus and play at your optimum with a poor diet.

TL;DR Don't talk if you don't know bills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disillusion

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHomo View Post
'murica doesn't have the dedication to put in 16 hour days

it's not hyperbole when people say the asian teams eat sleep drink and breathe the games they play. if you can't match that drive, how do you expect to win?
So do all of these NA proffessional teams. Did you think Regi, Dyrus and co have day jobs? They wake up, and play LOL until bed time. If they want more money, they can stream their scrims. EU teams do that. Yeah you give up some secrets, but if they can do it, so can you.


Quote:
no. the asian teams will all live together in a one bedroom apartment if they have to and still get the practice in. it's not sponsor money that's stopping the american teams from performing, it's ambition
So does TSM, CLG, and Curse.

There is no asian advantage here. In the past the asians had the advantage of popularizing esports and not needing to go to school or work, and thus being able to play games all day. The west didn't have those luxuries and had to work for money, giving them less time to practice. That advantage has closed, and pro gamers everywhere can make a living doing nothing but playing. The difference in teams is now down to mechanical skill, teamwork, and strategy, and this is where Asian and EU teams are just better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spikegabriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traithan View Post
This pretty much sums up my original post. I never once said anything about individual skill. The most I mentioned when it comes to game play was strategy. I also mentioned a hope that with Riot paying a salary they might actually get better. However in the case of TSM, they've made a healthy salary off their 7 LAN wins in the past few months.

Also, those of you who think sponsors = money. That's laughable. Most sponsors will give some computer parts and call it good, sometimes they might pay for you to travel to a tourney. Most sponsors do not give a salary to NA teams (in fact, I can't think of one). Now there are some in Europe and Asia that do, but that's because (this wraps back up to my original point)....those two areas actually consistently compete at a high level and will do what it takes to win.
Esports isn't going to develop here. There is simply too much emphasis in this country on physical sports.

Let's examine the Olympics o.k.

Top 3 teams based on medals
g s b
United States Total: 102 44 29 29
China Total: 87 38 27 22
Russia Total: 78 21 25 32
Great Britain Total: 62 28 15 19
Germany Total: 44 11 19 14
Japan Total: 36 5 14 17
Australia Total: 35 7 16 12
France Total: 32 10 10 12
South Korea Total: 27 13 7 7
The "lazy fat uhmericans" as those people call us, dominated the other countries. It was a roflstomp over everyone except China and even against them we had 6 more gold 2 more silver and 7 more bronze.

Now compare the countries that do well against us in esports to those figures above. It's the exact opposite. America stomps them at things related to physical activity, but we lose out on esports. Maybe Riot can make a difference next season, but I seriously doubt it. For esports to ever be able to compete they would have to go up against things like football, basketball, or baseball. Sure you can pull numbers out saying you can do it, the reality is that you have to be able to do it consistently and on television

Don't hold your breath waiting for Americans to start endorsing esports. Here it's still sort of taboo. Consider the what's happening right now with Colleen Lachowicz. The republicans are trying to destroy her using the fact that she plays WoW.
http://kotaku.com/5948987/maine-demo...ld-of-warcraft
http://www.colleensworld.com/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikegabriel View Post
Let's examine the Olympics o.k.
e-sports is nothing like the olympics

you're an idiot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crossf1re

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traithan View Post
Great example that proves my point. But NA would be able to have at least a little more pride if we didn't go 1-7 in all of our games played. In Season 1, TSM got 4th (best placed NA team)...in Season 2 the best TSM can get is 5th (best placed NA team). We've actually gotten worse despite having up to a year headstart on a lot of the Asian world.
The fact that TSM only came 4th in Season 1 is sad. They had a huge huge huge head start on everyone.

Why do they suck now? They are arrogant and think they are the **** . Look at their trashing talk garbage attitudes, it reeks of false superiority. They smack talk then get **** stomped, I can't explain how happy it makes me when people like that get knocked down a few pegs to where they REALLY belong.

The rest of the world proved to them how far behind they really are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spikegabriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirplayalot11 View Post
I can only assume you are living on your own and know about bills, this includes:
Rent
Utilities(Water, sewage, trash, etc)
Electricity
Food
Hygienic Products
Utensils
Internet
Phone Bill
Transportation

Even if rent was cheap, things like food and electricity will definitely not be cheap, especially for a professional gamer.
And I really doubt foreign country players live off Ramen Noodles and other foods like that if they can afford computers, internet, and so forth. Plus you can't even focus and play at your optimum with a poor diet.

TL;DR Don't talk if you don't know bills.
He doesn't understand, right now he lives with his parent's and doesn't have a clue.

Let me sum it up though. He and my fiance pay 700$ a month in rent. That's just ren't. It's small, it isn't great, but hey it's a place to live and in a college town it can be hard to find places that don't suck. Now we pay another 25$ a month in water, and we pay on average 125$ on electricity. So for 2 people (most places charge for more occupants, and require them to be listed on the lease) we are up to 850$ a month. That doesn't include anything except living, water, and electricity. Those are things you are required to have in order to get an apartment here. Not optional. With 6 people you are looking at the extra each month for electricity, water, and then the fact that they won't let you get a 1 bedroom like that.

Paying bills is much different than people see on television.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Demosthenes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Hopefully Riot will require salaried teams to have professional coaches, and that should improve a lot of NA teams immaturity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaolla

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikegabriel View Post
He doesn't understand, right now he lives with his parent's and doesn't have a clue.
*yawn* strawman more pls. you're adding absolutely nothing to this conversation


12345678 ... 10