@Riot A serious discussion about gender. Please read

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krejdar

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgenstien View Post

An important thing to keep in mind is that RIOT make's their profits off the purchases of skins and champions, and an ugly troll woman isn't going to sell, just in the same way that a male stripper skin (which was referenced in the OP) won't sell, and even if it did, a large number of RIOT employees would have to spend their time Drawing, Modeling, Animating, etc. for something that is most likely not appealing to them. Seeing as how RIOT makes logical decisions I wouldn't count on them asking their male employees to start working on a male stripper skin any time soon.
Uhm, Gragas is obese AND ugly and he still sells. Why? Because he's a good champion. Simple as that. If they released a female Troll or even an ugly female Void creature (which they have yet to do) it would have the same chances of selling as any other champions. Your argument is basically saying Karma is not an attractive enough champion and that's why SHE doesn't sell, when in reality it's because she is very weak and has next to no role in the current meta. Same as Trundle (who I find to be good fun). Same as Sejuani.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arizi

Senior Member

10-06-2012

I'm not going to bother getting into this issue (which many ignore it even being an "issue") since it can be a little too upsetting, but before I return to being invisible, I just wanted to thank the OP and the supporters of this thread. Despite the downvotes you guys are expected to get, you still bravely choose to share your opinion and try to combat this problem. Hopefully, over time, sexism in gaming will diminish and if it will, it'd be thanks to people like you.

This was a well thought out thread and definitely worth a read. Personally, I found all your comments valid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firellius

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krejdar View Post
Uhm, Gragas is obese AND ugly and he still sells. Why? Because he's a good champion. Simple as that. If they released a female Troll or even an ugly female Void creature (which they have yet to do) it would have the same chances of selling as any other champions. Your argument is basically saying Karma is not an attractive enough champion and that's why SHE doesn't sell, when in reality it's because she is very weak and has next to no role in the current meta. Same as Trundle (who I find to be good fun). Same as Sejuani.
You can ogle champions you haven't bought, but you can't taste their experience.

I think this person is right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeriphor

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkSheal View Post
And you're expecting civility and respect in a game where you are essentially anonymous.

And we just went over the point that there exists circumventions to protect players against internet stupidity.

But, you refuse to wish to use them and want people to change for you.
Civility and respect are expected from every summoner. Riot uses the honor system to promote it, and the report system to punish the opposite. The general guideline is given by the summoner's code: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code.

It is entirely reasonable to want people to change their behavior when that behavior is misogyny, racism, homophobia, or any of the other many things that are intolerant of others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madjai

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
You can ogle champions you haven't bought, but you can't taste their experience.

I think this person is right.
Exactly.

The obvious reason no one plays Karma or Sejuani? They're BAD. HORRENDOUS. They don't fit the meta nor do they do enough damage to be considered fun. Karma is a slight exception but the skill cap is too high before taken into consideration of being fun. Slight psychological flaw of a player based community outlook that judges the champions and steers other people's views of it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BerserkSheal

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriphor View Post
Civility and respect are expected from every summoner. Riot uses the honor system to promote it, and the report system to punish the opposite. The general guideline is given by the summoner's code: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code.

It is entirely reasonable to want people to change their behavior when that behavior is misogyny, racism, homophobia, or any of the other many things that are intolerant of others.
I'm sorry but everything I've said has gone completely over your head.

Edit: Here I'll make it simple, the point is there are circumvention specifically to deal with people like that.

Sexist towards someone? Mute, it exists for a reason, so does the report button. But when someone wants to completely forgo any kind of protection simply because "well, we expect civility" is stupid. That's the whole point of the damn argument.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cobber

Senior Member

10-06-2012

This thread makes me weep.

Maybe that's because the female champions I, currently, play the most are: Karma, Sejuani, Leona and Kayle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeriphor

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkSheal View Post
I'm sorry but everything I've said has gone completely over your head.
Is there a reason why you feel a person should be belittled or harassed in this game for any reason? (In this case for being female)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonzord86

Senior Member

10-06-2012

i must agree with the OP, even as a male. I cant stand loading screens when its just every female champ with massive boobs, in a miniskirt.

Get rid of that ****, its horrendous.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madjai

Senior Member

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriphor View Post
Civility and respect are expected from every summoner. Riot uses the honor system to promote it, and the report system to punish the opposite. The general guideline is given by the summoner's code: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/articl...Summoners_Code.

It is entirely reasonable to want people to change their behavior when that behavior is misogyny, racism, homophobia, or any of the other many things that are intolerant of others.
Then they will be banned from the tribunal? Did you not read what I said before about summoners putting themself on show when they talk in chat?