With The TF Art Upgrade, Can We Get A Minor AD TF Buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahriman1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
I am sorry, I didn't realize wildcards was that potent of an ability. I forgot how it just destroys everyone already with all of the AP TF players! I mean, it would be so scary if his wildcards did 40% less overall damage than it does in AP builds AND he had auto attacks to back it up! I mean, there is just no beating that!

You don't know how to play caster TF or AD TF if you think they would play the same way with that change. The changes in lane alone mean your role is something completely different. Not to mention the fact that maybe people would like to play other builds because they are different and bring something niche to the table? Why do people like to play AP Yi or AP Tristana? Hell, why do people like to play AP Ezreal?

I love your ego. Of course, none of my arguments were valid at all. I can't possibly shatter any of your perfectly constructed analysis because it has no flaws that exist. Everything I say is complete hogwash and makes no logical sense. You are perfect. My bad, how could I have possibly attempted to argue with you! People like you are just so...

Alright, go get them. That being said, how many times has Morello and the Riot balance team been wrong? Look at Rengar. I can pull out so many examples of where they made bad balancing decisions. That being said, what makes you so sure he would side with you?

And I feel like it is people like you who make this game dull and who can't think outside the box for even a moment. You are the reason why we see less and less build paths and more cookie cutter characters whose builds are laid out perfectly for us.

Bothered to look at the cooldowns of those abilities?

Which is why I would like to see some of those tools given to TF. And unlike you, I believe those tools will accomplish just that.
Cool, enjoy thinking that if you took away corki's AD scaling on his ultimate he would suddenly become completely not viable as an AD carry. Which is the inverse of what you're thinking would happen to TF.

I am suggesting thinking outside the box. You are suggesting we toss on an AD ratio to an ability for an arbitrary reason. It's not even a new idea. Use the search feature with "wild cards AD ratio" and you will get quite a few threads where this has been suggested.

The reason that I think morello would side with me on the issue? Do you really think that if throwing an AD ratio on TF's Q would make AD carry TF viable and balanced it would not have been done by now? Really?

Really?

at that, good night, sleep must be acquired at some point.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman1 View Post
Cool, enjoy thinking that if you took away corki's AD scaling on his ultimate he would suddenly become completely not viable as an AD carry. Which is the inverse of what you're thinking would happen to TF.
Corki was only given an AD ratio on his ultimate much later in the game. Regardless, you are taking my words out of context and the key here is that Corki enhances his damage with his ultimate, it doesn't define who he is. Likewise, the change to TF to give wild cards an AD ratio won't suddenly turn him into a god tier AD carry, it is just a buff to give him some burst with a bit of scaling so that he has something other than just auto attacks when you play him.

Frankly, I don't consider TF as that bad of a choice of AD. He isn't optimal, but he has the capability to be one. What he lacks is a little bit of scaling to carry his abilities through mid game to the point where his auto attacks can start doing major damage to the unfortunate enemy who you manage to gold card. The problem right now is that you just can't finish anyone off mid game like most of the AD carries can because you just don't have the burst that someone with that kind of kit needs.

Whenever I play AD TF, I find that the first half of the game is the hardest. By the end of it, I am what a carry should be. This buff will help him carry over from that early to mid game and switch him from leveling W and E to leveling Q and E and taking a point in W. His Q will actually be able to do damage past level 8 or so. It will still fall off late game, but for a while, he can actually hurt something with his abilities outside of laning. Right now, he feels somewhat like Trist in that his middle is his weakest phase. You have a mediocre laning, followed by a bad middle, then a decent endgame.

Now do you understand why Q would help him as a character? Maybe if I explain this to you from a TF player's perspective and from a design perspective you will understand why this change is still useful. He can whittle opponents away. Stun them, auto attack, then do some follow up damage with wildcards since that is his version of burst as compared to Ezreal who has his Q, graves who has his Q, MF who has hers, etc. The difference is TF has more damage and a longer range in exchange for lower damage potential overall spread across all his abilities and a weak steroid.

Anyway, I am off to bed too. Good night sir.

Fight Spice

10-06-2012

bamp

A Swarm of Koala

10-06-2012

I don't see why not, I used to like that a TF pick was a wildcard.

Zerocaliber

10-06-2012

Bump.

Zerocaliber

10-06-2012

Bump.

Bob is Fob

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
sounds good, wouldn't mind a slight range increase to go with it...
that would help ap TF with PaC and ap tf is already almost on the op side.

Zerocaliber

10-07-2012

Bump

Zerocaliber

10-07-2012

Up.

Bob is Fob

10-07-2012