What's up with all the Jerks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boba Slush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehno View Post
if you stop playing because someone called you fat, i don't know what you want me to say
why is he getting downvotes? are you all sensitive women? who cry/get upset after one insult? seriously?

Deceive or AFK

10-06-2012

The jerk store called. They're running out of you.

goblintwo

10-06-2012

If your mouse is dying in the middle of a game, you are ruining other players experiences. My advice would be to take measures to prevent such things from happening. It's not too much to ask. It's not just your time, but also the time of four other people on your team.

I don't like people being jerks in game, but I certainly don't like people standing around and feeding either.

Madman Reborn

10-06-2012

Yeah, I guess you should stop playing. After all, what is there to this games than the interaction with other players right? In all seriousness, people are jerks because deep down most people are jerks. It's quite human, the merits of society ban out most of that kind of behavior but on the webz those inhibitions don't excist.

Your problem stems from caring too much in the wrong way. Ignore and move on is the only way to deal with jerks, however, being a girl I understand that's not easy for you. Women just have that corrective behavior that stems from being mothers.

Bakraah

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblintwo View Post
If your mouse is dying...
Wait, people buy wireless mice?

That's just not natural.

jokod

10-06-2012

"Rock Solid."
-Maliphite

Azure Tears

10-06-2012

Normally i would agree with you - but a dishonor system could be abused by trolls and haters
therefore u should think about another solution ^^

Max Gripness

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salinas View Post
I have been playing League for a quite a while now, and I've never posted on or even read the forums, but this is an issue that is really irksome to me and I feel like I have to talk about it.

I am glad that Riot introduced the honor system. It seemed to me a way to encourage people to behave more civilized toward other players; however, I feel like a dishonor system should have be implemented right alongside that.

So many players are just plain mean. It seems like it gets worse all the time. Heaven forbid that you have a bad match, or that your mouse battery dies and you end up getting killed. People will curse you out, wish you dead, and generally piss on your head.

I try to be diplomatic, but with the attitudes of these people, that is nearly impossible. I usually get responses like "I don't need to be nice to you because you're worthless and fat." I understand that this type of internet trolling exists, but I didn't think it ran so rampant. It's not even rage, it's just plain meanness (I'm not sure if that's an actual word, but you know what I mean).

These poor personalities in players have very negatively affected my gameplay. It's bad for morale, not only for the individual, but for the team.

It's hard sometimes to just let such insulting words go, and perhaps I am too sensitive (yes, I am a female, after all - and no, I won't gb2k, or make you a sandwich). I try to be friendly to everybody, and I've helped many new players. I don't rage at people for making mistakes, and I don't tell them I hope they get cancer (yes, I have actually seen someone say that before).

Maybe I should just stop playing.

Of course, this wouldn't be the internet if this post doesn't end up getting replies telling me to go kill myself or some other such trolling, nasty response - I do expect a few, but I am a hoping that I will get some genuine responses as well.

What is the point of all that negativity? It definitely makes the game less enjoyable.

What do you guys think?
You are obviously a very intelligent, sensitive girl and I think that you really hit it on the head.

I want to note I knew you were a girl - not because of anything other than the fact that you seemed to understand something about the quality of players in this game on a deeper level than most males can.

I think you're totally right about the prevalence of meanness on the Internet and in particular this game, and I really think it would be good if everyone checked themselves periodically to make sure they wouldn't say anything over the Internet that they wouldn't in person.

ImpendingDeath

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Tears View Post
Normally i would agree with you - but a dishonor system could be abused by trolls and haters
Agreed. It sounds good on paper, but falls apart in reality.

Nothing you can do, really, but ignore. I've tried pleasing with people like this to consider someone else's feelings, but it's a waste of time.

MrChibi

10-06-2012

It's good to know that some girls play this game lol.

Just ignore those jerks and report them after. Once they get permanent banned it's their own fault . And if it gets to the point of pointless raging then mute. Don't try to rage at him since it's pointless to argue with a troll