What's up with all the Jerks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayleorfeed

10-06-2012

you only get raged at if you feed or you carry but tell the people you are carrying they are bad

Lunar Havoc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2012

It's dangerous to go alone out there, take this [Thick Skin]!

Yaddar

10-06-2012

well, maybe it's the fact your name is Salinas... that is sure not to please Mexicans at all.

(ex-president Salinas quite fked Mexico)

wigsplitta322

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehno View Post
if you stop playing because someone called you fat, i don't know what you want me to say
This...if you're letting something like this affect your game, your opponent is always going to say something to you and your team is always going to get mad at you for getting screwed up so easily. People are mean, especially when competing, if you can't handle it don't play.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

10-06-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It's been posted before but:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

For further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_...ibition_effect

XElement

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleorfeed View Post
you only get raged at if you feed or you carry but tell the people you are carrying they are bad
This is not true.
You might not get raged at but you will still have players that are jerks no matter what you do.

Had a graves who kept stealing blue buff from our mid.
Graves doesn't need blue buff but kept acting like a troll and saying he did. Even if he was carrying the team, no excuse to troll your mid.

43w6tHS4et43h6GY

10-06-2012

LoopGain

10-06-2012

I tend to be a jerk when a karthus asks for gank, and casts ult right away in front of the opponent when his opponent had full hp.
And since he was low, he flashed out WHILE casting the ult.

yeah, need to become a jerk at moments like this.

Rihi

10-06-2012

People attack others to take the attention off themselves and their gameplay. Coping mechanism to stay confident some tend to take it way too far and try to insult you personally. I feel that the only insults that will hurt are the ones that are true. If their accussations just seem blatantly false I tend to not argue it and just let them feel they're right to avoid the confrontation and try to minimalize the pain to team morale. Though i sound like a pushover which it's allright for you guys to think that. ^^

Rivayne

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salinas View Post
Aha, I totally agree with you there, Reizuc! With regards to the Tribunal. . . Sure, you can report someone for "negative attitude," and "verbal harassment" but I just don't really feel that it's all that effective. Most people don't even bother to do it.

Also, @Rehno, I wouldn't be quitting because someone called me fat. . that would be silly. I know us girls are sensitive about our weight, but that's just ridiculous :P Not like they can see me through the screen (and if they could, then attempting to call me fat would be the the most pointless insult ever).

Thanks for the replies guys <3
Well according to Riot, I got around 300 people banned through the Tribunal and earned 2k+ IP while doing it o.o